Chapter 1 - Transfer

Remnant, a world of beauty and solace. Where races of all kinds live in coexistence without any grievances or malice. Where everyone lives in safety and happiness. A utopia carefully crafted and protected by the gods.

Or at least this is what it's supposed to be.

Remnant is teeming with darkness, nightmares that run in the warmest of days and blackest of nights. Born from the hearts of every man, woman and child. Even the world itself births it's own enemy: the creatures of Grimm.

These empty creatures wander all of Remnant, feeding off of the negativity emanated by the world and it's inhabitants.

With nothing to turn but themselves, humans and faunuses all began to train in order to combat these creatures. Having their bodies and minds trained over the course of history and with their strength they began to hunt the Grimm. Eventually, these would become the protectors of the world, known as huntsmen and huntresses.

As time went on, the need for huntsmen became widespread and had become a career for many. So to properly train the next generations, schools were built to not only teach about the world of Remnant but also prepare the next protectors of Remnant. One of those many huntsmen academies is named Beacon and is considered the best huntsmen academy in Remnant.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inside Beacon, the headmaster of Beacon named Ozpin, was waiting behind his desk with a cup of coffee in hand. With his brown coloured eyes glued to the holographic screen of his computer, Ozpin took a quick sip of his hot drink, before giving a thoughtful hum as he scanned the screen in front of him.

The only thing that separated Ozpin from his work was the sound of a small bell that came from the nearby elevator, which also acted as the entrance to his office. Entering his office a blonde haired woman made her way to his desk before dropping a stack of papers in front of him.

"Here are the documents that are needed for the transfers," she informed, with a tired voice.

"Thank you Glynda," the man replied, before taking the documents with his free hand and then reading over them.

Glynda was about to leave the office before she let out an audible 'ah'. Turning back to the headmaster, she informed him of the students that were waiting for him. "I nearly forgot team RWBY is waiting downstairs."

Looking up from the paper, Ozpin told the woman to send them up. To which the woman nodded in response, then finally entered the elevator and was sent down the building.

After a short while, the elevator bell rang once again and four young girls entered the room.

With a smile the silver haired man, greeted his young huntresses with a smile; more specifically the team's leader, Ruby Rose.

"Ah Ms. Rose thank you for coming with your team."

"No problem professor!" the young leader replied, with a salute.

"Is there something wrong professor?" asked a girl with raven black hair.

"Everything is fine Ms. Belladonna. What I have called you all here for is something less rowdy than what you're all used to," his remark seemed to greatly affect the four girls, as they began to fidget in place sheepishly afterwards.

Truly, this team managed to go through many adventures despite being so young, such was the ill-famed team RWBY. They were only in their first year in Beacon, yet they already had stories of their heroism (or deviant actions) to share to their fellow peers in the academy.