Chapter 6 - Lost in Shadows

After falling to the depths of Mt. Glenn, Sheik found himself waking up in a dark abandoned mine system. With no clear vision, the boy relied on his hearing: closing his eyes and listening to the silence. Soon a small echo from the distance reached his ears.

"Hello, anyone?"

He knew that voice anywhere, he was just a customer not long ago. Opening his eyes, Sheik then cupped his hands around his mouth before shouting, "Right here!"

Following the direction of the voice, Sheik took out his scroll and illuminated the darkness with a beam of light from the device. He trudged through the rocky floor, reaching a small opening to a tunnel. However because his eyes were on the ground, the weaponsmith had not noticed the figure in front and ended up bumping into them.

The collision caused Sheik to slightly topple back but he managed to regain his footing quickly. Though that couldn't be said for the person he collided with, as a shriek pierced through the dead silence, causing Sheik to outstretch his arm in reflex.

What proceeded was Sheik grabbing a hand enveloped in a thin soft material.

"You ok Pyrrha?" the boy asked in slight concern. A small yelp of surprise then filled his ears,

"Sheik, is that you? I couldn't even see you, how did you know it was me?" Pyrrha questioned, impressed.

"Your gloves. They're the only ones here that are of a thin material," he answered. "Where are the others?"

"We don't know we've been wandering around the dark for a while and we couldn't find anyone." Pyrrha then shouted for her teammates before picking up her scroll and shining it on Sheik. She then took his hand and proceeded to guide him back to her team.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After they had grouped up, the students tried to contact the others but there was no signal. They then asked if Sheik had any other luck, but the weaponsmith just shook his head.

"We're deep underground, the likelihood that we can even call anyone is zero." Sheik then began to scan his surroundings. He eventually found a tunnel and suggested to the others that they go check it out.

However the team wasn't so sure that was going to be a good idea.

"What if we get lost? Wouldn't it be better to just wait here?" Jaune asked, but Sheik turned to him with a rather serious visage.

"This place is a nest for subterranean grimm, staying here in the open while also in the dark is suicide." Sheik began to slowly walk away from the group, but he heard their footsteps not long after he decided to leave.

As they continued deeper down the tunnels, the group then found themselves in an opening being illuminated by a large crater up above. Looking around, the group saw that there were multiple tunnels all branching off to different directions.This didn't help considering they were already lost with no means of contacting anyone.

Splitting up, the young huntsmen and huntresses each went up to a tunnel to listen closely for any voices and while most came out empty handed, Jaune managed to hear something and excitedly told everyone.

"I can hear something!" He continued to listen in on the noise. Slowly it became clearer to understand what it was.

A growl.

"Uhh I don't think that's the others." Jaune ran to others and warned them of the upcoming danger, however as soon as he told them a loud roar echoed out the tunnel.

Once the noise registered in Sheik's head, he quickly told team JNPR to leave. Obviously confused by this, the others questioned his intentions but he answered hastily, telling them it wasn't safe.