Chapter 12- Walking on Thin Ice

A/N: I'm so sorry, problems keep piling up added with unmotivation :')
Thankfully it's Christmas break so I can probably do this chapter. (also this is not the finale)

Luz woke up feeling groggy, awful, suffering. This human who' s just 16,is probably not gonna see the day they would turn 17. Or would they? The only way to find out is through Amity, she's read through most of the books, and if all the books are finished then that would mean...

"Come on Luz! No need to be pessimistic! You're Luz Noceda, Amity's fearless champion. We're gonna get through this!" Luz hyped themself up while stretching. As soon as they were feeling slightly okay, she headed for the showers but instead, bumped into a tall figure.

" Human.... I mean Luz, are you alright?"Lilith spoke out "yeah, good, just can't see very well aha-" Luz rubbed their head in pain. "it is not getting better is it? Your condition,that is." Lilith sounded concerned. "It's getting better don't worry! Me and Ams are so close to find out what's going on :D" Luz put a smile on because she really believes that they're close to finding out the illness.

Is Luz's optimism going to be right or will it just end up six feet under along with her? Her mother's waiting for the day she returns from fall camp in the other side.
Someone's waiting for you.

Luz started her walk going towards the Blight manor. She already had eaten breakfast and has packed some snacks with her thanks to Eda being a good mother, I mean a good mentor haha. It was a really rough start when Eda and Luz first met.
Eda was someone who's wanted by the Emperor for unknown reasons(well now known for quite some time already) but we're way past that aren't we? Eda and Lilith are close sisters, The emperor isn't much of a problem as it was before, Amity's parents aren't as bad as before, Luz and Amity are even closer than before, of course there was ups and downs, but that's absolutely alright.

Luz looked back at the memories she had with everyone, the more recent the memory, the more it's blurry... Probably from the eyesight but, she knows it was there, the memory exists, it happened.

"I swear, this isn't going to end here yet..." Luz wasn't gonna give up yet, she's got a lot of years to live still.

The Blight Manor is coming into view as Luz continue walking and walking. The sky was a bit gloomy and that made Luz upset for a moment but she won't let it waver her optimism and happily walked towards the front door, lightly knocking it.

"ah, Luz Noceda, welcome. Please, come in" Alador Blight said in a low voice, happily letting Luz in. "Thank you!" Luz lightly bowed at him to show respect.
Luz found her way up the stairs and to Amity's room.

"knock knock"

"Noceda? Please come in"

"... You're supposed to say who's there."

"... Who's there?"

"owls go."

"owls go? Alright, come in??"

"er- nevermind." Luz entered the room in defeat "what was that?" Amity asked "oh a knock knock joke, it's a human thing." Luz then proceeded to explain how the joke would go and how it works. (it was supposed to go 'owls go who?' 'that's right!')

"oh I see! I'm quite very sorry that I did not realize." Amity rubbed the back of her head awkwardly. "so um..." Luz scratched her arm. This is it, this was the moment of truth. "So, did you find out what illness we have?" Luz asked as she looked down, sweating. "Oh..." Amity's voice shook.