Chapter 11-Blind To The Truth

The birds chirping outside the windows gave a nice, calming yet energetic alarm to wake up Luz from her well needed rest.

She rose up rubbing her eyes as she slowly walked towards the bathroom to wash her face. She looked up to see awfully dark eyebags paired with a really bright glow coming from her eyes which made it hard to see things... "oh no."

Luz's jaw dropped. The longer this stays and the more it gets worse then she won't be able to read the books to help Amity... Well, the both of them.

Luz looked around and kept her hand on the wall to easily navigate her surroundings, the wall then felt like bumps. Luz then realized it wasn't a wall, it was a bookshelf. "huh, didn't notice this at first." Luz grabbed a book out of the bookshelf, it was a lot thinner than of those books in the library.

Since Luz couldn't see very well, she could only make out a few words and then gave up after trying to read the rest. But luckily it turns out to be another book about illnesses and diseases.

Luz got excited and rushed over to the Blight manor, but stopped as she realized she hasn't even showered or eaten breakfast. So she went back up and took a quick bath and then after that, she walked over to the kitchen. "going somewhere kid?" Eda asked as she sat in the dining area beside Lilith. "yeah, just going to Amity's place." Luz pointed at the door with a finger gun.

"you seemed to be in a rush so we made this quickly for you." Lilith handed Luz a paper bag, inside there was a sandwich oozing with fillings paired with a fruit. "gotta keep healthy, kid." Eda threw in a finger gun. 

"Thanks so much Eda, Lilith!" Luz smiled as she left the owl house to go towards the Blight manor. After a long walk, a walk so long that Luz almost passed out, she finally arrived. She grabbed a plant glyph from her sling and tapped on it, making flowers bloom from the middle.

Luz knocked lightly on the sturdy wooden door. Soon to be opened by Alador Blight who had a smile on his face as soon as he saw the human. "I believe Amity is waiting for you, come in." Alador bowed his head as he raised his arm showing that Luz can enter.

Luz bowed and smiled at the father, happily feeling welcomed in the presence of the not-so-intimidating-parents-anymore. She walked up the creaky wooden stairs going past the twins' door and going to Amity's door. "who is it? I swear if it's you Edric again, I will make you regret it." You could hear annoyance in Amity's voice, making Luz snicker. "wrong guess." Luz said smiling.

"Noceda!? Wait- hold on-"Amity was stumbling in her room as she made her way to the door, opening it. "I didn't think you would be here already."Amity said as she brushed a hair strand off of her face. "well, surprise! Here I got you some flowers."Luz showed her the flowers she had in her hand. Amity blushed "Thank you Noceda, that's a very lovely gesture of you. "Amity placed it In a vase full of water on the windowsill.

" oh sorry, the flowers you gave me last time, withered. " Amity said, which explained why there was a vase full of water there already. "Oh that's fine! I'm no good with taking care of plants either" Luz flopped her wrist over. 

"oh yeah! I found a book at home, here. It might help." Luz grabbed the book she found in the owl house and gave it to Amity. Amity skimmed through the pages and looked disappointed. "Noceda, these are fictional illnesses." Amity said which Luz responded by raising a brow. "wait what" Luz sat down beside Amity.

Amity coughed, "this is for fictional purposes apparently, it's not going to help much but since you're a fan of fiction, perhaps you can read through it." Amity returned the book to Luz. Luz pouted but she was a bit happier knowing that it's a fictional one.

"I guess... Well wanna read it together?" Luz asked as she scratched her neck. "not now. We have to finish the non-fictional illness books." Amity grabbed a book that was on top of a stack with other medical books.