Chapter 9-One Condition

Scratch

Scratch

Scratch.

Luz kept scratching, as she paced back and forth from her room to the entire house. The other residents of the owl house gave her a weird look and tried to ask her about it, but Luz was so deep in thought that she can't think of anything else.

Why did Amity say she was sorry? What was that purple liquid that spilled from her mask? Why did she leave so suddenly? What was Amity meaning to say but never got to?

"Luz, stop. Your skin is bleeding."Eda placed her hand on Luz's shoulder, causing her to stop in her tracks, looking at Eda with an anxious face.

"Eda..." Luz looked at Eda with eyes that wanted to pour tears out. "Luz, please tell us what's wrong, you've been like this for a few days."Eda brought Luz close to her, wrapping her arms around Luz's head.

" How do I talk to a friend that doesn't want to talk to me? "Luz asked, Eda smiling because she finally opened up. "Just talk to them."Eda answered. Luz looked up, irritated.

" I said they don't want to talk to me. "

" And I said, just talk to them. "

" what? What do you mean just talk? "

" Just talk to them, doesn't matter if they don't talk back. Let them know you aren't giving up on them, talk to them to show you care."

Luz widened her eyes in surprise as she finally realized.

" You wouldn't know how they feel if you don't try to talk."Eda ruffled Luz's hair.  "aha, alright, I understand. " Luz tried to fix her hair by finger combing it. "don't give up, kid. I believe in you." Eda playfully punched Luz, whole she responded with a playful rub that she got hurt.

"how do you know this stuff, ma?" Luz asked. Eda smirked "Ah I still have a lot of stories to tell you, but to keep it short my sis and I drifted apart at some point in high school."Eda told." Hey, you should really go and talk to your friend, let them know you care. "Eda gave a thumbs up and went upstairs to ggo and continue resting.

Luz looked into the mirror again, her pupils were still gone and her eyes emitted a glow. Luz rubbed her eyes and walked upstairs, only to bump into the wall a few times.

She grabbed all the things she needed, goggles, phone, charger, glyphs, blue goo. And she went outside to set off onto her new 'adventure'.

The birds were chirping in pretty little tunes that sounded throughout the forest. The dried leaves were crumpled and made a satisfying sound as they crunch under the footsteps. The sun radiated warm energy that kept the mornings not too cold during the fall season.

Luz scratched her neck as she continued the long walk towards the Blight manor. She looked at the sky and jokingly said "sky oh sky, tell me my near future for today." she giggled, anything that had to do with magic (seeing the future) always fascinated her as you all know.

The sky was a little Grey and cloudy. "Oh that's bad."Luz gulped.she then grabbed her goggles and placed them on. Not long after, she arrived at the Blight manor. She sneaked around and climbed up the hedge garden. But she slipped (once again) and fell onto the cobblestone floor. She looked up and saw no one around.

Luz scratched her head as she got up and dusted herself off. And walked around the hedge garden a bit.

"Do you think Amity's alright, dear?"
Luz stopped midway as she was about to turn around a corner.
"Now that you've mentioned it... She seems off."
"Were we too harsh on her recently?"
"that can't be. she wouldn't talk to us, let alone bats an eye towards us."
Amity's parents? That's definitely them... But she's never seen(well heard) this side of them.
"Well then, let's just wait and see. She'll get over it soon." footsteps we're then heard going quieter and quieter.
'Oh they're still a little bit of jerks.' Luz said in her mind.