Chapter 13 - Will We See The Stars Shine Again?

A/N:
Omg not literally the last chapter being published on dec 2020 and im writing this chapter in march 9,2022 💀💀💀

Also just know that the first until the twelfth chapter was created before season 2A was released so if you see inaccuries to the current toh plotline, its because of that, i hope you guys dont mind.

Also regarding to why i was gone, my mental health ↘️↘️↘️ but what's important is that im here and im going to continue writing again <3

———————————————

Luz groaned and rolled over her bed as the itch never, ever stops. How many days did Amity say they had left? Amity had a few days more than Luz, what would Amity do after Luz passes? It's such a painful thought of an inevitable fate. What more can they do? they've read all the books they could read (well Amity doing most of the reading) the doctors that tended to Amity were not sure how to cure them. It's the end now, just a few days.

Luz sobbed on her bed, light pouring out of her eyes, mixing in with her tears as the world disappears from her vision. What would her Mom feel, who is she waiting for to come home? Her daughter is never going home. What would willow and Gus feel after finding out that Luz didn't go home and ended up dying in the boiling isles? Eda... Lilith.... King and hooty.... All of these people whom Luz knows will be most affected by this, she worries for.

Luz groaned and got up, a little stretch before she pulls out papers, pens and various stickers to decorate her letters. She starts writing her goodbyes to as many people as she could possibly think of, thanking them for the memories and the time they've spent together.

"It's such a dreadful feeling knowing that your time has cut short and you're writing your goodbyes to your loved ones..."  They don't even know if they should tell the others as this will be the last days they're going to be able to see each other, speak with each other, be with each other.

Luz just wants things to be as normal as possible, and Gus talking about how cool it was when Luz bleached her hair, when King would commands his stuffed toys, when Hooty greeted each time they came home, when Willow would talk about the next classes, when Eda and Lilith would take care of her: could be the closest to comfort that Luz is seeking for. So keeping quiet is the best because otherwise they would just end up feeling hopeless over an unkown disease.

Some time has passed and Eda knocked on Luz's bedroom door "Hey, ya haven't come out of your room, are you holding up alright there, kid? You've been suffering from this illness for a while and you don't talk much with us, we're worried. We wanna know if we can lend a hand" Silence. Eda didn't push any further but stayed on the other side of the door a little longer to signal that she'll be there for Luz when she's ready. the clacking of her heels sounded through the hallway farther and farther away until it could no longer be heard, the creaking floorboards, silent.

Guilt overwhelms Luz, what should she do in this situation where she's at the last few steps before the final door of life? This is too much for a teen too handle on their own, but if Luz tells her guardians , she'd feel like she was bringing everyone in a bad mood and on edge, worried for the life that can't be saved.

A door creaks open "Heya! Goodmorning kid!" Eda slides a plate on the table where Luz sat down carefully, trying not to knock over or bump into items as her vision progressively worsens. Luz scratches her neck as well. "Not in the best shape huh buddy?" Eda frowns, she knows something's wrong but can't point it out as Luz has never been this quiet. Luz is quite stubborn sometimes, she tries to do things by herself and in her way that sometimes others can't follow through.

But Luz snaps out of it, pessimistic was never in her name! "I'm fine Eda! Little tired and dizzy from ice skating in circles yesterday with Amity." Luz smiled at the wall, thinking that's where Eda was standing as she scratches her forearm.