Chapter 8-Shoot Your Shot

Luz scratched the back of her head, arms, and legs. When the itch went away she got up from bed as she groaned. The morning rays shined through the blinds as dust particles flew around the room, visible only by the sun rays. Luz yawned as she stretched, hearing the crack of bones along with the refreshing feeling of stretching got her in a better mood.

Luz went downstairs sleepily, she rubbed her eyes ever so often. "Goodmorning, Luz."Lilith said gently from the kitchen "Whatcha storming up, Tia?" Luz peeped from the side of the doorway. "Boiling isles delicacies."Lilith said to put it simply. "Sounds yummy!" Luz hopped onto one of the chairs. Eda walked into the kitchen as she yawned. "Morning kid-Woah, did you eat one of those light orbs?" Eda asked, Luz looked at her with confusion.

"You may want to look into the mirror, kid. This is something you should see for yourself."Eda ordered. Luz got up frantically and she stared into the mirror. Her eyes were glowing as her pupils were barely visible. Luz started PANICKING.
"EeeddaaaAAAAA"
"I'm right here, kid."
"what is going on?"
"whats happening, I was taking a nap"
The residents in the owl house gathered around to see what was going on.
Luz kept staring at the mirror as she started looking more into the nonexistent pupils.

"Ah, this is really bad isn't it?" Eda rubbed the back of her neck. "Was scratching, my hair bleaching on its own, and my eyes getting bad, normal!!???" Luz held the mirror as she looked at Eda, sweating. Lilith was also shaken and worried but she kept her composure. King's feelings were shown through his big eyes, he feared that something bad loomed over them.

" Alright kid, I'll fix this... Probably"
"Edalyn, that's not going to help."
"Alright. I'm going to see what I can do."
"Thanks Eda..." Luz frowned as she walked over to the kitchen sloppily. "Cheer up, Luz, here is some delicious meal." Lilith placed a heap of really yummy food in front of her. Luz grabbed a fork and poked on it. "Well, maybe this isn't a bad thing, if you guys need a flashlight, I'll be here!" Luz proudly said, earning a laugh from the Clawthorne sisters,King...isnt too happy about it.

"Alright kid, there's a festival in town today... It's somewhat a human thing too, so have fun today, worry tomorrow!" Eda patted Luz's back. Luz beamed up when she heard that there was festival, she wonders what kind it is. "What kind of festival?" Luz asked "It's optional but you would be dressing up in 'scary' costumes and roam around the town, I heard that there was a little something special today too."Lilith answered.

" Halloween!"Luz jumped in joy, after all she loved spooky and mystical stuff and most especially when everyone would dress up. "Is that what humans call it?" Lilith learned something new. Luz nodded happily. "When does it start?" Luz asked, Lilith looked at her watch "In a few hours, you have plenty of time to prepare if you would like to dress up."Lilith smiled, Luz did too.

Luz went upstairs and looked for waht she could wear to the Halloween festival. Picking out casual tops here and there and throwing them aside realizing it wouldn't look good. After a while of looking through her clothes she sighed. Small footsteps could be heard by the hallway, King peeked into Luz's room as the door was open.

"HI King." Luz waved to him "Want to wear soemthign demonic?" King smirked, Luz looked at him and smirked back. King guided Luz to Eda's room, the closet contained an assortment of clothes, coats, slacks, dresses, hats, socks...?

"What would you like to dress up as? There's loads of clothes here."King jumped onto a shoe box." Hm, I'll think about it." Luz put her hand on her chin... The truth is, it's really hard for her to see what clothes there were.

" Ah, hold on I'll be back."Luz got up and walked straight into the wall, she put her hand on the wall and let it guide her as she exited the room, making King just as confused as a bird would be when it rams straight into a glass window.