9 pt 2

'W-what's happening !?I'm being pulled downwards!'

The spirit's grip on her leg made it hard for Xia to swim upwards. Her heart and mind raced as she tried her best to hold her breath. She could feel herself slowly going out of consciousness.

'is this...how it feels to die? I can't...hold my breath anymore...'

You can't die ...not until things are made right

Her eyes close and her body is about to be taken down further into the darkness when she is grabbed by her waist by Wei Wuxian, who then kicks the water spirits head.

He swims up to the surface and gasps for air, swimming to the nearest boat. Zixuan and Jiang Cheng help get the girl into the boat while Zixuan helps Wei Wuxian out of the water.

Jiang Cheng lays the girl in the boat with a worried expression.

"S-she's unconscious!"

Lan Zhan moves forward and kneels beside the unconscious girl, catching the other 5 men by surprise.

Though Xichen smiles to himself, proud that his younger brother put aside his aversion to touching others to help  Xia.

'Perhaps he cares for Xia so much, that he is willingly doing this.'

 He gently tilts her head back, lifting her chin to open her air way.

While pinching her nose closed ,he takes a breath, and then leans to meet the girl's mouth with his own to create an airtight seal, and then gives 2 one-second breaths as the others worriedly watch.

After a few seconds she begins to cough out water. Wei Wuxian moves to her side and grabs her cold hand.

"A'Xia ! A'Xia!"

Lan Zhan looks at him.

"Her breathing is normal, she just needs rest."

This makes Wei Wuxian a little less worried but he keeps her hand in his own ,holding it close to his chest.

Xichen looks into the water for any signs of spirits.

"They are gone now. The situation is more serious than I expected."

🌸🌸🌸

The afternoon light shines through the window as Huaisang sits by Xia's bedside with a worried expression.

I shouldn't have looked away from her ...it's my fault she's like this.

Suddenly he hears her stir making him move closer.

"Sis Xia!"

She opens her eyes and adjusts to the light ,seeing Huaisang looking down at her.

"Huaisang? What ...what happened? Where's..where is everyone?"

"The others went to Emerald lake ,to investigate the water spirits. I took you back to Cloud Recesses after.." he looks down guiltily.

Xia's brows furrowed in confusion before she remembered the incident.

Water spirits...I was dragged down by one ... Huaisang must think it's his fault

Xia puts her hand on his ,giving him a reassuring smile.

'Don't blame yourself, I should have been looking at my surroundings. I'm okay now anyways."

Huaisang still feels like it's his fault but Xia's smile makes him less tense.

Xia is silent for a moment then gives Huaisang a curious glance.

"By the way..who saved me?"

Huaisang blinks before recalling Wei Wuxian jumping into the water to save her and then- when Lan Zhan ...