8 pt 2

(So I've been thinking about making 'The Untamed' version of this story on the side. I love love love The Untamed and all the actors are all just so beautiful >_< Would you guys like that? Same protagonist but the story would follow The Untamed.)

(AlSO, please check out my new book The Lan Flower . It's an Untamed fic and will take place after Wei Wuxian is brought back to life.)

Xia was currently braiding Huaisangs hair while humming the opening to Mao Dao Zoshi. She sits on top of a rock while the Nie youth sits on the grass, leaning into the girl's touch.

"Oh, what song are you humming A'Xia? I've never heard such a song before!" Huaisang asks curiously.

Xia blushes and tries to think of a quick lie.

"Um...it's something I made up."

"Really? You're very talented sis." He sounded convinced much to Xia's amusement.

'Hehe, it's not like he'd ever be able to watch the anime anyways.'

She leans forward.

"Hey Huaisang, how is your older brother?"

"Oh, dà gē is well, i guess. Why do you want to know?"

She giggles nervously.

"Oh, no reason."

"Hmm, okay."

Mentally, the teen is fangirling.

'Oh i can't wait to see Mingjue! He probably won't even bat an eye at me but at least i get to stare at him in all his sexiness.'

"Done!"

Huaisang looks at his reflection in the mirror. All Xia did was braid some of his loose hair but he had to admit it looked good.

'Ah, to have a nice girl braid my hair like this all the time. She'd make a nice wife someday,'He sighs dreamily then yelps when he sees Xia beside him with a cheeky grin.

"You like it?"

"Y-yes! I mean ..i-it's nice!"

"Aw Huaisang~"

She pokes his cheeks, making him blush even more and whine.

"Aww, A'xia-stop teasing me!"

"But you're so adorable Huaisang~how could I not?"

"Lady Jiang."

Xia freezes at the sound of the new voice, not in fear though.

She turns around to see Lan Xichen looking like the beautiful angel he is.

'Omgomgomgomgomgomg!'

The green eyed girl bows.

"M-master Xichen!"

The older male smiles at the girl.

"Lady Jiang, would you mind-"

She completely tuned him out, too busy admiring his beauty and imagining him proposing to her, and completely missing the concerned look he gives her.

"Lady Jiang?"

"Y-yes,hm?Um, what were you saying?" She says with an embarrassed look.

'Great, now Xichen will think I'm some wacko.'

Surprisingly he didn't look annoyed (well Xichen is the literal definition of angel so yeah.)

Instead, he chuckles.

"I wanted to know if you would like to walk with me for a bit. I'd like to get to know more about you."

Xia's cheeks turn pink.

'H-he wants to know more about me? Damnit Xia, no he probably needs to get some info on me for old man Qiren. How dare that old coot send an angel to do his dirty work!'

"Oh um s-sure!" Like hell am I gonna pass up a chance to be alone with LAN XICHEN.

She turns to Huaisang.

"I'll see you at dinner?"

Huaisang hides his jealousy with a bright smile.

"Yeah, see you then!"

She waves goodbye to him before joining Lan Xichen. Xichen offers her another smile before leading her up a stone path.

The two walk in silence, Xia looking up to steal glances at the beautiful male, before they finally stop at the top of a hill overlooking a waterfall.

"So, are you enjoying Cloud Recesses?"

"Oh, well it's very nice here and I also learned a lot in the library about my powers."

"I'll be honest I have heard from Clan Leader Lan that you are not originally from the Jiang Clan, but have become very close to the young Yunmeng sons."

She blinks , looking down.

'Jiang Fengmian must have told him. Crap.What am I supposed to say? Lie? Make up a sad ass back story?'

"Do you know anything about Baoshan SanRen?"

"Um, not much. All I know is that they were a teacher in the celestial mountains."

"Do you know anything about your parents?"

Xia froze. Even in her own world,she knew nothing of her real parents.She was adopted when she was a baby and lived a normal life. Despite growing up happily,she always felt out of place and in need of something.

She looks down at the waterfall.

"Actually, I don't know anything about my parents....u-um, I was raised by a nice woman who took care of me and treated me kindly.., but I decided to leave in order to find my real parents and learn about these strange powers I have too."

The words that came out of her mouth were half the truth but somehow felt like the whole truth. Initially,she just wanted to find a way home, while enjoying the MDZS world and maybe changing its future, but her new abilities have made her wonder-is it possible that she was connected to this world in some sort of way?

A hand on her shoulder makes her look up at Xichen, who gives her a gentle smile.

"Don't worry Lady Jiang. We will do all we can to help you find out about your past..If you must know, I asked you if you knew Baoshan Sanren because I have a feeling you may be connected to her. Your parents may have been her disciples."

Xia's eyes widened at his words.

'Baoshan Sanren..she could be the key to my past...and maybe my fate in this universe.'