16

Time skip...

[One Month Later]

Xia looks around at the other clans around her with a worried expression on her face.

'Crap, the day I've been dreading has come.'

In an area above them, Wen Chao plops down onto his seat with a loud groan, and following him is a beautiful young woman with a revealing purple hanfu. He grabs her hanfu sleeve, pulling her down into his lap. She giggles in response to his drunken/flirty behavior.

The sight makes Xia want to hurl ,but at the same time her eyes were hardened when she looked at both of their faces.

Wei Wuxian looked up at them with confusion.

"Who's that woman?"

Nie Huaisang , who had been hiding behind him, says softly, "Her name is Wang Lingjiao.She was one of Mrs.Wens maids..But Wen Chao is a womanizer,therefore..."

"The slimy bastard,"She grumbles.

"She's scary when she's angry," Nie Huaisang whispers ,"I'm low-key simping."

While Wei Wuxian and Huaisang talk, Xia looks around to find Luo Qingyang , better known as MianMian. She spots the girl in pink looking nervous and quickly walks over to her side.

"Hi, nice to meet you! I'm Jiang Xia." She says with a friendly smile. Her voice startles Mian Mian and the female disciple beside her, but they're happy to see another female disciple on the field.

"O-oh, hello." Mian Mian smiles softly, "Im Mian Mian. I didn't know the Jiang clan had another daughter."

Jiang Xia smiles cheekily.

"W-well I was actually adopted recently."

Mian Mian nods.

"Oh I see. Wait, did you say your name is Jiang Xia?"

Xia nods which makes Mian Mian gasp.

"So you're the young miss that second master Jin spoke about! I heard you defeated evil spirits all on your own!"

Xia blinks.

"Wait, second master Jin...as in Jin Zixuan? He spoke of me?"

Mian Mian nods.

"Yes, I heard him speak to his father about you. He said you were a strange girl who did weird hand gestures and spoke her mind like a man. He even said you came to the cultivation conference in men's clothes as well."

Xia's turn pink in embarrassment.

'Zixuan thinks I'm weird? That's no surprise...BUT WHY DID HE TELL THAT PERV GUANGSHAN ABOUT ME!?'

She shivers at the thought of ever having to come anywhere near the creepy Jin leader.

Xia's eye twitches when she gets the feeling she's being watched. Looking up towards the Wen clan's sitting area, she spots Wen Chao looking down at Mian Mian... or so she thinks. She scoffs and quickly shields Mian Mian from his view.

Wen Chao watches her movements curiously with a smirk, which doesn't go unnoticed by Jiao Jiao who follows his line of vision to a pretty girl with brown hair in a high ponytail and purple robes then at the girl next to her with a pink hanfu.

'He can't be looking at that manly wench, so it must be the little plain bitch. Hmph! Of course I look much better....'

Xia scans the crowd til her eyes fall on Lan Zhan who is leaning forward slightly.