2

Rosettas POV (Cassandras outfit)
_________________

"Mr. Logan." Phoenix says while looking at my papa. He then turns to my dad Asher.

"Officer Logan" he says with a smirk on his face and turns in telling us we can all come in while dad scoffs at Phoenix.

Weird.

Phoenix shows us to the dining room and says dinner will be out shortly so we all sit down.

"So how quiet has it been without me Officer" Phoenix says to my dad with a teasing tone while dad scoffs once again.

"You're lucky you shaped up when you did kid" dad says feigning annoying.

"Oh come on Asher. You know you love me" Phoenix laughs while everyone except for me is at ease.

Papa looks at me and elbows dad who is sitting directly next to him making dad look at me.

"Phoenix over here had a almost had a permanent seat in the station a while back" dad explained

Phoenix once again chuckled

"yeah had a rough childhood wanted my parents attention and it was fun. Plus Asher was closer to a dad then I actually had."

"Oh ok" I say quietly from my seat across from my dads, Rylan while I'm seated next to River.

"Yeah and his sister is pretty close to having his old seat" dad tells me. I just nod.

"Quiet one are you" Phoenix says

"Now I've never met you. I've met Riv and Ry. Practically grew up with them. What's your name sweetheart."

I look at him wide eyed.

"Rosetta" i say quietly. The door then slams open and then shut

I see the glimpse of raven black hair and the stomping of boots past the dining room.

"Hey. Where do you think you're going" Phoenix asks

"To my room" the girl with pitch black hair responds

"I asked you to please have dinner with everyone"

She walks to the door way and we lock eyes.

"Alright" she says slowly and plops down on the seat next to me like we've known each other since forever.

"Asher" she says with the same teasing tone as her brother.

"Cassandra" dad responds

"You're in my house now. You have to play by my rules" she responds. It seems with these two he scoffs but in a joking way. Like he does with both my siblings and I

"Sure. Whatever you say kid" he tells her while she responds back with a smile.

"So what's your name darling"

"Cass no flirting. You're scaring the poor girl." Phoenix says sternly.

"Whatever" she rolls her eyes

"So Rosetta how long have you been with your dads" he asks knowing full well it hasn't been as long as he knew them.

"About six years. Since I was twelve. Can we please stop talking about me now " I say quietly

"Of course sweetheart" he says offering me a smile.

"Now onto business" Phoenix and my dads start talking about stuff so I just tune them out and look down at my lap while waiting for dinner to come out.

Eventually the food is served and everyone is talking and joking like old friends. Well they are and I'm just late to the party.

I wish I had the option to be included but they're talking about stuff I wasn't even here for. Before I was even adopted.

A tear comes to my eye and I'm quick to wipe it away but not quick enough because papa notices and whispers to dad.

I don't like not having the option to be included and then forced to endure this. I know River and Rylan we're adopted around the same time and have been here longer but it hurts that when they talk like this I become invisible.

"Excuse me." I tap the girl with raven black hair on the shoulder

"Can you please show me where a bathroom is" I ask politely

"Sure"