6

Cassandras POV
_________________

"Here ya go kid" Asher said handing me a ice pack for the hot burning scratch makes in my face.

"Thanks" I mumble lowly.

Asher then places a chair in front of me and sits on it.

"Listen kid. I know why you are the way you are and I'm working to clear your name right now because I know you don't break promises without reason. This girl said she videoed the whole thing and I'll ask the owner June for the security cam footage but it's not looking good for you right now" he sighed and went over to his desk.

"I'm sorry you know." I said only loud enough for him to hear and no one else.

"I know I'm a fuck up. I-it's just hard" he looked up.

"You're not. You're just a bit misguided. Phoenix did it for your parents attention but you do it because the lack their of." I scoff lightly.

"They stopped being my parents once Phoenix took over the family business. They wiped their hands clean of me. And Phoenix." He sighed and started typing in his computer.

I know the drill. I'm not allowed to leave until I get the say so from Asher.

Soon the phone on his desk rang.

"Hi June. How are you.

That's good I'm glad.

Yes it does about earlier.

I was wondering if we could have the security cam footage.

Yes that would be great. Thank you very much.

You too have a nice night."

About twenty minutes later Asher looked up at me. Well behind me but still in my general direction.

"You got the tape Endicott" he asks the officer

"Yes sir. Here you go."

Asher then looks at me after watching the clip and the rewatching and rewatching it for a third time just to make sure all things matched what I said and what stupid fucking Augustine said.

"You're free time go kid but you're waiting for me. We have to have a talk. Also Liam and I would like you over for dinner if that's ok." I looked up in shock. They've never invited me for dinner before.

And yes our families were connected and virtually family friends but I've never been to their place for dinner.

"Um sure. What you got like fifteen minutes" I asked and he nodded.

I got in the car with Asher and we drove toward his penthouse.

"Listen Cassandra. I know you had a bad childhood with your parents and all. And I know you have a temper but you can't continue this. What if I wasn't their. I don't want to see you end up in jail. I see you as a daughter. Please." He said

I sigh "I know I know. It's just especially today I didn't start it. I know I promised to cut back of the fighting and the partying but I don't think I can"

He gave me a smirk.

"Well then get better friends" I laughed and we continued to the apartment

After pulling up and heading into the elevator Asher texted Liam telling him the two of us are on our way up.

I walked through the elevator door and into the apparent. My eyes instantly connected with the girl I had already wanted the girl I want to be with.
_________________
Rosettas POV
_________________

The second I hear the elevator open I jump up excited to see dad. I always worry about him since he's a cop. I always worry that he'll get hurt but that's his job and he's a smart man.

But as soon as I see dad a see a figure next to him. Cassandra.

I go over and hug dad excitedly. I just remind myself that I'm safe and I'm at home with my dad who's a cop so I'm protected.

Im glad Asher and Liam became my dads they changed my life and I love them. They are my true family along with River and Rylan.

But as I think these thoughts Cassandras eyes bore into my own. This will be interesting.