13

Rosettas POV (so sorry for any grammar spelling or any errors I really do try when editing)
____________________

It's been about six months since the day Cass had dropped me off at aunt Gemmas and that was the day both River and I found out she was pregnant before anyone else.

Aunt Gemma is only thirty five and she said the only person she had slept with in the last year was her secret lover. And that was the captain at her precinct. Mr. John Farrah captain of the precinct aunt Gemma worked for and a life long friend since they were teenagers.

Many things happened in these many months. For one I started and still am going to weekly therapy now. I decided that I needed to talk about all of my problems to help deal with my anxiety. Especially after I decided I wanted to be with Cassandra.

I feel like she deserves to be with someone not as screwed up as I am. But mainly I did it for me. So I wasn't as terrified in public or so I have the oppertunity to have less panic attacks and better mental health. It has really helped so far and after my dads and siblings do a family kind of night.

It's kind of became my favorite night oh the week.

The reason I never went before was because I pleaded with dad and papa to not go in the first place is because I was so scared to go I'd get a panic attack every time we attempted.

Though one thing through these past weeks is that Cass hasn't tried to contact me or she would avoid me whenever I saw her in public.

Something must be happening. With what exactly I don't know but there might be a reason

As I'm walking to June's with Lilah I see a sign in the front window.

"Help wanted"

A smile came onto my face. I've been having talks with my dads about how I could help pay for a car since I want to feel like I did something sort of by myself.

This was it. I knew the regulars since I was one and I know how to make everything since June's already taught me. It's perfect. The only downside is the people part. But hey I'm still working on that.

"June." I said as she went past the bar into the back room.

"June" I tried again once

"Honey I'm busy. Can you wait just a moment" she sighed tiredly

"That's what I wanted to talk to you about."

"Miss I ordered almost ten minutes ago and still haven't gotten my order. Is this the kind of service you provide" the man a few tables over from the bar demanded

"Sir I've had a hectic week and my best waitress quit. As you can see it's just me in here so please be patient" she sighed

"June" I tried again

"Rosetta" she sighed starting to loose her patients though she was known for high level of patients.

"I wanted to apply for the job"

"If you can help me out considering you know the whole menu and we can get through at least the lunch rush you're hired" she sighed tiredly. Man she's been sighing a lot today.

"There's an apron in the back" I smile and went behind the bar. Something I've always wanted to do.

"You take this half it seems to have calmer more patient people while I deal with the sharks in this half" she whispered while I giggled.

I did as told and didn't complain. Talking to people was a bit more difficult but seemed to be easier once I got the hang of taking people's orders.

Once the lunch rush died down I called dad and asked if he could pick me up because his shift ended about when mine did.

Once dad picked me up we went home and had dinner as a family like we did most nights but tonight I went to sleep with a smile on my face.
____________________________

Today is Saturday which makes scene because yesterday had been Friday. I had agreed with June yesterday that I would work Fridays as well as Saturdays and Wednesday Thursdays after school.

"Morning baby" papa greeted me as I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen

"Morning" I sat down at the kitchen island while dad was making breakfast

"Do you want any eggs sweetheart" dad asked

"Yes please" I said and he made me an omelet with bacon potatoes some onions and pepper in it.

"Thank you" I said gratefully. River then walks in 

"Hey River have you seen Cass lately"

"She's not good Roe. She's been getting shit face drunk and is pushing us all away. No one knows why. I'm really worried"

I gulp and nod. I know where I'm going after work.