31 | comfort

┍━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┑
CHAPTER 31
COMFORT
┕━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┙

┍━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┑CHAPTER 31 ⸻ COMFORT┕━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┙

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

TAEHYUNG PUSHES THE door wider to welcome his parents despite the surprise and questioning look on his face.

"Appa? Eomma? What are you guys doing here?" Taehyung raises an eyebrow, staring at them in confusion.

"We have something to talk to you about," Mr. Kim speaks up in a serious tone, his eyes gazing at his son. "Mia, you don't have to listen to this. We only need a clarification from him,"

"Oh? Um.. okay,"

Taehyung nods his head at me in assurance with a small smile. I sigh and make my way to the kitchen to give them privacy to talk in the living room.

Not knowing what to do, I prepare a dinner for them. It doesn't hurt anyone for me to impress and be kind to my parents-in-law. Besides, I have never really done anything in return for their kindness towards my family.

While preparing the dinner, I flinch when Mr. Kim's voice echoes loudly from the living room. He sounded so mad as his voice filled with wrath, causing goosebumps rising on my skin. What is happening?

"No, appa! I didn't do anything to her!" Taehyung shouts, sounding hurt and angry. "I swear!"

I'm too afraid to get involved as I stand solely on the kitchen ground, feeling my surrounding to turn blurry and alarming.

"I didn't think that you were capable of doing this. Why did you do that to her?" Mrs. Kim retorts back.

"This is not real! Eomma, I never laid a finger on her," Taehyung replies fiercely.

Footsteps can be heard, not far away and I take the chance to turn my head sideways to study the situation.

"This is obviously a set up. That woman set me up!" Taehyung is practically begging to his parents. "Please, eomma, appa.. I would never do something like that to anyone,"

"Finalise your decision by tomorrow," Mr. Kim strictly speaks, ignoring his son desperate attempts and whirls around to head to the door.

Mrs. Kim is hesitant to follow her husband as she stares pitifully at her son, almost give in to his begging. Unfortunately, with a last look, she turns away and trails behind her husband.