48 | tragedy

┍━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┑
CHAPTER 48
TRAGEDY
┕━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┙

┍━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┑CHAPTER 48⸻ TRAGEDY┕━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┙

A/N: Hi, yes! I'm back after two months. I'm truly and terribly sorry for the longest wait but here you go and also, I did a lot of thinking and I've decided to change the second lead from Lee Dohyun to Ahn Hyoseop since he's more suitable to the character's traits. Sorry for the character change! :/ Anyways, enjoy the update! And please, do vote <3

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

T A E H Y U N G' S P O V

I LEFT THE RESTAURANT before my long forgotten order arrived. It was pathetic to feel this way but I couldn't stand seeing them together.

So, I discreetly exit the restaurant, heaving out a huge sigh with an empty heart. I trudge to my car but stop when I notice an old woman walking alone in the dark alleyway.

She is carrying plastic bags with both of her hands, reminding me of my late grandmother that I love so dearly. Such a kind, gentle and sweet, sweet soul. I've missed her so much.

Before I could offer her a hand, I notice a black motorcycle keeps trailing behind her as if they're trying to rob or worse, kidnap her. I set up my pace but it is too late when the man from motorcycle halts to tug plastic bags from her.

The woman seems to struggle but still tries to pull it desperately. I step in immediately and shout at him.

"Oi, bastard!"

The man turns his head as his eyes widen in surprise.

I punch my knuckles to his face roughly, which send him flying to the ground. He groans and curses a few words, glaring hard at me.

"Halmeoni, are you okay?" I worriedly ask, a pitiful look in my eyes to realise that she's shaking.

"Y-Yes, thank you, young man," she croaks out, her breathing heavy.

"Go, halmeoni. I'll take care of this, alright?" I assure her.

She looks petrified but then nods her head, sending a concern look in my way before she heads off with her plastic bags, trembling.

"What's your problem, man?" The male voice questions, his voice silks with frustration. He is now stalking towards me with murderous look. "Do you have a problem with me?"

I swallow thickly but try to appear unfazed. "What were you trying to do that poor old woman? Rob her?"

"That's none of your business," he violently shoves my shoulder, causing me to stumble backwards.