34 | traitor

┍━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┑
CHAPTER 34
TRAITOR
┕━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┙

┍━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┑CHAPTER 34⸻ TRAITOR┕━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┙

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

M I A' S P O V

"MIA, I THINK IT IS TIME for you to get out of my apartment. I'm sick of seeing your face every morning. Come on, it has been three weeks," Ryujin complaints after she finds me sprawling out on her couch.

I roll my eyes and continue to chunk down a pint of mint chocolate ice cream all by myself while watching the television.

"Yah! Are you deaf?!" she yells, slapping the back of my head, causing me to almost choke on my ice cream.

"What?!" I huff and look behind to see her staring angrily at me with her hands against her hips.

"Do you want me to call Taehyung and pick you up?" she threatens, sending daggers through her deathly glare.

I widen my eyes as I gasp breathily. "No! Don't you dare!"

For the last three weeks, I have tried to keep him out of my mind but it was hard— especially at work. He made up such excuses to talk to me but I avoided him every time. I wasn't going to forgive and forget everything that easily like I always do.

"He's your husband, for God's sake! You can't just leave him! I think you should give him another chance to explain himself,"

"Another chance? I gave him a lot of chances, Ryujin! He betrayed me. Again and again," I stop from devouring my ice cream and place it on the table with a hard slam. "He lied, he kept secrets and who knows, the other things that he did?"

"He loves you. That's why he did all of that to protect you! Also, you didn't even tell me that you got harassed but am I mad at you? No!"

I shake my head in an account of disagreement. "That's not the same thing. You know what, as my best friend, I thought you would be on my side,"

"I'm not taking any sides. Plus, this is partially your fault," she conjures as she points an accusing finger.

"W-Wha— my fault? How is it my fault?!"

"You went to Jimin and forced him to tell you. That's a betrayal too, you know?"

"I had to find out what he's hiding," I spit out furiously. "I'm so sick and tired that he's lying to me but he shares everything to his best friend,"