10 - camellia in january

✦✦✦

The bus ride home felt longer than ever, and Sky eventually gave up on sleep. She couldn't stay still, struggling to toss and turn in such tight space. Every now and then she would grunt, growing irritated at the numbing of her knees whenever she'd stretch out her legs.

Taehyung fluttered his eyes open, frowning at the sight of the look on her face. He couldn't help but let out a soft chuckle after, peering over her features in admiration despite feeling dizzy after succeeding on a quick nap though it was uncomfortable as well.

His arms were crossed over his chest, as he was wrapped in thick coat and his scarf hanging around his neck. As much as he wanted to lay on her shoulder, Taehyung didn't give in to his desire. 

He preferred watching her from a safe distance next to her, keeping his hands away from touching her skin.

She glanced over to his side, smiling when their eyes met. It wasn't forced, and even though Sky was completely disheveled and about to lose her temper, seeing his face brings an immediate comfort in her. Her lips would naturally curl up in a smile, making her feel a little better.

"A-are you okay?" he asked, awkwardly looking away, catching a glimpse of the field covered in snow.

Sky shrugged, her head hanging low as she played on the bracelet around her wrist. She nodded weakly.

"Uh, I can't sleep... and I'm hungry? I don't know."

Taehyung grinned at that, adjusting his seat to finally face her. He seemed relaxed, perfecting his posture so she wouldn't see him actually tensed up on the inside. Something about Sky makes him nervous, as if in one wrong movement, he would be in some sort of danger.

But Sky felt different. She could look at him straight, not in an intimidating way. There was simply no reason for her to scare him away, in fact, she liked his company so much. Every day it gets even more enjoyable and she's living for it.

He cleared his throat, suddenly digging into the pocket of his coat and luckily, he found that one chocolate bar he slid in when they left the roadside eatery near the entrance of the lake.

"Here," he said, extending his hand over to her, handing her the snack. She widened her eyes, gasping as she took the treat in her palm. She stared at it for a second, then lifting her head to look at him.

"This," she whisper-yelled, "You had this all along?"

Taehyung showed off his boxy grin, scratching the back of his neck as he nodded slowly. The bus coming to a stop and the door quickly slid open.

"Oh, thank you!" she smiled, scrunching her nose while waving the food in her hand.

"We're here," he replied, tying his scarf while Sky was nowhere near conscious to what he said as she happily ate the sweet, half-melted chocolate bar.