21 - firsts, that hopefully lasts

✦✦✦

"Hi, good evening. May I speak to my pretty girlfriend, please?"

Like a little child waking up into the smell of her fresh, favorite drink, Sky curled her toes underneath the blanket, bringing up her knees near her chest as it pounded.

Her heart that was once heavy with the fears and doubts, soon was set ablaze by a fire, warming the walls that protects it. It sure felt like burning alive, but the weight lifted.

Cheeks flustered, she switched off the bedside lamp that was the only source of light left in her room, and tugged on the soft fabric close to her chin.

The sound of Taehyung's breath after a pause and a small chuckle over his words were enough to send Sky in a trance after the fire, as if lost in a dream she never wanted to wake up from.

Clearing her throat, she managed a few words in response, staring out in the window where she could see the train tracks and the flickering street lights. 

It's rare that she would look out and appreciate the view, and she hated that she had just seen how beautiful it is. 

"How was your day?" she whispered, her lips on a permanent smile, while her eyes narrowed at the sight. Taehyung sighed, and she could see him grinning even through the phone.

"You won't believe what happened, and who we met today..." he told her, lifting his shoulders as his backpack jumped along, his feet light while he walked on the pavement.

"Tell me, I wanna hear it," Sky replied, fluttering her eyes before moving to face the ceiling, her free hand never leaving the sheet as it fell down her chest. 

"Park Jihyo, she's that coworker Jimin talked about then, do you remember?"

Sky nibbled at her lip and paused, and Taehyung chirped in, "Small girl, wide eyes, soft curls, pretty smile. I'm sure he mentioned it to you."

It took awhile before Sky finally recalled the girl, and she nodded, "Yes yes, okay I remember her now. The girl who cried over her trigonometry test."

He laughed, slipping his free hand in his pocket, "She didn't tell us it was trigonometry, though? But anyways, it turns out she goes there too and has a few classes before with Yoongi hyung."

Sky gasped, eyes shooting wide, "Really? Oh god, was it Jimin?" and Taehyung shook his head, "No, but he did give her one of those brochures for application requirements. Could you believe that?"

"Wow, and to think I was confident I knew everything about him. I'm genuinely surprised. How is she doing? What did Yoongi oppa say?"

"Well, if you're surprised then I don't know how exactly I feel right now. Don't worry about hyung, he seems to be cool having her around. He even acted a little nervous around her when she first came to our table at the library."