Chapter 7

Chapter 7

~Ryder~

The school day ended and I rushed out to the parking lot. I walked past Xavier and Shay and he stared at me. I glanced and kept walking. “Hey, you coming to the party tonight?” Asked Sutton. “Yes, I invited someone.” I replied. “Xavier?” She asked. I nod my head and got in my car. I pull out of the parking lot and drove home. I couldn’t help myself thinking about Xavier. His smile, the way we look at each other, and everything about him gets me going crazy. I just want to be with him so bad. I can’t keep going without him. My wolf is ready for him.

The Clock reads 8:45. I got up out of my bed and got ready for the party. “Where you going?” Mom asked. “This party at a friend’s. Is it fine if I go?” I asked. “Yeah, of course. Be back by midnight. Have fun.” She smiles and walks out. My mom and I used to be close. But lately we seemed to be growing apart little at a time. I have no idea what it is. Maybe it is the fact that I will be going to college soon so she is trying to get used to not me being around as much. I don’t know maybe it’s because she works a lot also. I mean I work sometimes but not as much as I used to when I was younger. I grabbed my keys and headed out. I really hope Xavier shows up. But after what he said, I doubt that he will even talk to me anymore. I guess I was a little too flirty to be a so called “Straight” guy. I probably just caught him off guard. I arrive at the party and there is tons of people outside and still more cars coming. This party is way too big then usual. I stand by my car waiting for Sutton and Callum. Also waiting to see if Xavier shows up. Sutton’s car comes pulling up behind mine. “Hey man.” Callum says. “Is your boy here yet?” Sutton winked. I shook my head. I try to listen and see if I can hear if he is already inside. But of course I hear nothing. “Let’s go in.” Sutton says and reached for my arm. “I smell his scent getting closer.” I whispered. “That’s why you whispered into his ear? So you can get his sent.” Callum says like he has a light bulb on top of his head. I hear a motorcycle and Logan comes pulling up and so does Shay and Xavier behind him. Logan takes his helmet off and looks at me. Xavier comes walking towards us. Oh god. I hope my eyes don’t turn. He smiles at me and grabs onto Suttons arm and walks inside. Callum starts to laugh. “He is playing hard to get.” Callum informed. “Don’t take it personal, you’re straight.” Shay pats me on the shoulder and walks away. Callum look at Shay and follows her. All there left was me and Logan. “I need to talk to you.” We said to each other at the same time. “Not here.” He says. “Follow me.” He added. I started to follow him. We walked a few houses down and went inside. “Whose house is this?” I asked. Ms. Fallon comes walking around the corner. “It’s my other house.” She says and crosses her arms. “What’s going on?” I asked. Literally I have no clue. Why are we in a teacher’s house? And I thought she lived in the woods. “You wanted to know the wolf that bit you didn’t you? You’re looking at her.” Ms. Fallon smiles. My eyes widen. “Wait…hold up… So Logan is a wolf too?” I asked looking at the both of them. “He is. And so are some other of my students. You will meet them soon. We are part of the same pack.  It just happens when I bit you, you already had wolf blood in you. The Alpha blood. Which means you are the Leader now. Not me. But until you are ready, I will be teaching you what it takes to be a leader. Then once I think you are ready, you will be the leader of my pack.” She informs. Wait, I had wolf blood in me? How is that possible? My mom is not a wolf, and I barely see my dad to know if he is one or not. “Oh and call me Bay. But in school, call me Ms. Fallon.” She added. She uses her super speed to slam me against the wall and grabbed my phone out of my back pocket. “Here is my number. I’ll be contacting you soon. Have fun at the party you two.” She smiles and waves us off. “So you are a….” I began to say. “Don’t say it out loud when people are around. There are wolf hunters out there.” Logan says. “Those are real?” I asked. “We are real aren’t we?” He asked me again. I gave him a nod to show him that he had a point.  We walked inside of the party and I try to find Xavier. I use Xavier’s scent trying to find him. I run into Sutton in the living room. “Where is Xavier?” I asked. “He is on the dance floor. He is going crazy. I think he is like drunk to the extreme.” Sutton, Shay and Callum laugh.  I rushed over to the dance floor trying to find Xavier. He is dancing with his drink in the air. “Hey, are you ok?” I shouted. “Yeah! Couldn’t be better.” He started to laugh. I grab his drink from his hand and sniff it. Someone drugged his drink. I begin to get angry. And Shay notices and runs over. “What’s wrong?” Shay ran over grabbing his drink. “Someone drugged it.” She told Callum, Logan and Sutton. “Who gave him this?” I shouted in anger. “Dereck Collins did.” Sutton responded. Shay points over across the dance floor. I push people out of the way and grab Dereck by the neck. “Did you give Xavier this drink?!” I asked in anger. “He so needed it dude. He couldn’t have a good time if he kept talking about you. So calm down.” He laughed. I slam his head against the wall and throw him on the floor. “Ryder, come on!” Yelled Callum. Callum tries to pull me off.  “I am not done yet.” I responded. I picked Dereck up and started punching him. “RYDER!” Yelled Sutton. She pushes me back and I walk over to Xavier. “I am getting you out of here.” I informed him. He grabs on to my neck and I reach around to grab his waist. “You are hot as fuck.” Xavier says while looking at me. I started to laugh. “Alright drunk boy in the car you go.” I tell him. I lifted him up and put him into my car. “Take him to your place because if his mom sees him like this, he is going to disappoint her to the extreme.” Shay informs me. “I will.” I responded. I walked around to the driver side and drove off. “You know how much I like you?” He asked. “What?” I asked in shock. “I am in love with you. I have been for a long time. But I ignored it. Because falling in love with a straight guy is not a……” He stopped and leans against the window. I look over and see him sleeping. Did he just say he is in love with me? Well maybe telling him that I love him is going to be easier then I thought….

We pull it into my driveway and try to wake Xavier up. “Hey, wake up.” I shook his arm. He is a deep sleeper I thought. I got out of the car and walked around the other side. I undo his seat belt and he starts to scream louder than anyone I have ever heard in my entire life. So loud that my ears start to ring. “XAVIER!” I try to make him stop. “Someone is about to die.” He said and laid his head back down. What in the world was that? Someone can’t scream that loud unless he is not human. I thought. “He is a banshee. Usually a banshee is a girl but in this case, I guess he is lucky.” Said Bay from behind me. “Did you follow me?” I asked. “No, I know where you live Ryder.” She says and walks over to Xavier. “A banshee is someone who screams right before someone is about to die. Someone that he knows. Banshee’s can scream when they feel like danger is near. He either knew he was a banshee or the drugs just triggered it.” She informed. I look at her strangely then look back at Xavier. “I am guessing he is your mate.” She smiles. I nodded my head. “I still haven’t found mine. So you are lucky you found yours now.” She points out. I turn around to ask her a question but she was already gone. I pick up Xavier and carry him inside. “Hey swee….OH MY GOD IS HE OK?!” My mom ran over to check. “Yeah, someone just drugged him mom.” I responded and carried him up to my room. I took off his shoes and covered him up. “Thank you… I……” He began to say and fell back to sleep. I sat on my chair next to my bed watching Xavier sleep. He sleeps so peacefully. His eyelashes are brushing against his cheek bones. I tried to stay up until morning, waiting to see if he would wake up. But soon enough, I dozed off.