Chapter 5

Chapter 5

~Ryder~

I pull into the school parking lot and Sutton and Callum start walking over. “I searched that license plate number and the car belongs to a Logan Sather.” Callum informs. “Wait, Xavier’s best friend Logan?” Sutton looks at me and smiles. I give her a look of death. “Why you guys looking at each other like that?” Callum asked. “Because his mate is Xavier.” Sutton says and looks at Callum. Callum’s eyes gets real big. “You are straight…” Callum says. “I… am….I guess I am just gay for…… Him…..” I say and look at Xavier getting out of Shay’s car. “He is attractive though.” Sutton points out. I keep staring at Xavier. His smile is brighter than the moon last night.  His dimples sink into his face and his cheek bones pop out. “SNAP OUT OF IT! YOUR EYES!” Callum says and pushes my head away. “Yeap you are in love.” Sutton says and leans against my car. “This is so weird.” Callum says and leans next to Sutton. I look over and Logan comes driving by on his motorcycle. He takes his helmet off and stares at me. I begin to growl and his eyes light up into a bright blue. “Um, I think he is a werewolf also…” Callum whispers next to me. His eyes turn back to grey and he walks inside the school. “What if he is part of the pack that you are looking for?” Sutton asked. “Then I have to find out.” I responded. I grab my bag and throw it over my shoulder. “Hey Ryder do you want to come over tonight.” Asked Rene running over in her cheerleading uniform. “Can’t… I am busy. Sorry.” I responded and kept walking. Sutton and Callum started to laugh. “What?” I asked. “You are so rude to people.” Sutton laughed harder. I rolled my eyes and walked inside of the school. I can hear Xavier’s heartbeat. I try to smell for him but there is way too many people in here to find his sent. Shay comes walking out fast from the Janitors closet and next comes Logan. He stares at me and walks away. “Well looks like they got it on.” Callum laughs. We walked by the janitors closet and Xavier comes walking out running into me. “Watch where you are going!” He shouted fiercely. I stared at him picking some of his stuff up. “Damn boy, sorry.” I reply and he looks up at me. He starts to gaze into my eye and I can feel my eyes start to change. I bent down and started helping him pick up his stuff. “I really am sorry.” I apologized again. “It’s…..F…..Fine….” He stuttered. I can tell he was nervous. I frown. He got up and I handed him the rest of his stuff while staring at him. “See you around.” I say and walk away with Callum and Sutton following. Sutton turns her head around and smiles. “Don’t smile at him.” I demanded. “You made him nervous back there.” Callum points out walking over to our lockers. “I know.” I responded. Sutton laughs. “I’ll see you guys at lunch.” She says and walks away. “How are we going to confront Logan?” Callum asked. “I am going to confront him. Not you.” “But… But… I want to watch. Plus you need me just in case.” “I don’t need some witch following me around. I can protect myself.” “Is that why you go bit when I wasn’t around?” He asked sarcastically. I look at him and made a silent growl. “Let’s get to English.” Callum giggled and pushed me towards class. I walked into class and see we have a new teacher. I gazed over at her and she smiles. I frown and sit down in the back. “I guess we have our self a hot teacher now. I mean since you’re gay.” Callum whispers into my ear. I punch him in the stomach and he starts to choke me with his mind. “No black magic.” I stutter. Trying to catch my breath. He finally released and I started to cough. “Are you ok?” Asked the new teacher. “He’s fine… And so are you.” Callum says. Everyone starts to laugh. She starts to blush. “Sorry, you are not fine.” She says and flips her hair back. Callum’s face turned from happy to pist. People start to laugh some more. The bell rings and everyone sits. “Alright everyone. Be quiet please.” Everyone slowly become quiet. There is something about this teacher. I can just see it. The door opens and everyone turns to see who it is. Logan comes in. “Sorry I’m late.” He says and hands her a note. She looks at him and turns away. “Take your seat Logan.” She says. “I am your new English teacher. My name is Ms. Fallon….” She says and Callum interrupts. “Hello Ms. Fallon.” He blinks. People start to laugh again. “I am out of your league quit trying.” She says and throws a book at him. “Wow, I like rough.” Callum laughs. I start to laugh and punch him in the arm. “You know what I like?” She asks. “Me?” He asks. “I would like if you shut your face and go down to the principal’s office.” She says. People start to ohhhhhhhh. “I’ll stop.” Callum says and leans down in his seat. “Good.” She winks. Logan turns his back at me and starts to stare. I look over and stare at him. “You two pay attention.” She points at me and Logan. “I am going to tell you a little about myself so you can get to know me a little better. And then you can all tell me about yourself. My full name is Bay Fallon, I graduated from the University of Southern California last year, and I just moved here to get a job. Turns out this was the best teaching job that was offered in Washington. I was born in California 25 years ago. I am not married, I am single as they get. I own a home out in the woods. And I have two brothers and three sisters. They all died in a car crash seven years ago along with my parents. And I think that is about it for me.” She smiles. “Now let’s start from the right side and work our way over.” She added. “Logan you are first.” She says and points to Logan. He stands up and says. “My name is Logan Sather, I lived here all my life and I like to ride my motorcycle.” “Good.” She smiles and points to the next person. I ignored the people talking and began to think about Xavier. I need to confront him telling him I like him. But I barely know the guy. I need to get close to him ASAP. “Ryder.” She says. “Sorry, what?” I asked. “You’re up.” She looks at me.  I sigh and stand up. “My name is Ryder Fritz, you all probably already knew that. I lived here since I was one and I was born in Seattle.” I said and sat back down. She smiles and she moved on to the next row. I went back to thinking about Xavier and the bell started to ring. Me and Callum started walking to the gym when Sutton comes running up. “Who is that hot new teacher of yours?” She asked us. “My new lover.” Callum laughed “She looks so young.” Suttons pointed out. “I think she is a werewolf.” I whispered. “No…Her?” Callum asked. “I can sense it.” I responded while walking into the gym. I went to go change and went back to sit on the bleachers. Then I see Xavier walked in. My heart just stopped. He glances over and stares at me. I push my wolf away so I don’t make a scene. “Hey love boy.” Sutton says and snaps me out of it. “What?” I ask. “Just go talk to him. He is the only one in the locker room right now. It is your perfect chance.” Sutton responds. “I can’t…” “Why not?” “Because I am not gay that’s why.” “I see the way you look at him Ryder….” She says. I just ignored her and waited for him to walk back out. Maybe Sutton is right. Maybe I do need to be with him.