Chapter 1

Chapter 1

~Ryder~

The moon light glares threw my window shining on my face. I begin to wonder who my mate is. I have to find her soon. Or my wolf will take over. We all know that will be a bad thing. “If there could be anyway to find my mate quicker that would be great spirts.” I say to the moon. My phone starts to ding from my nightstand. “I need you ASAP.” Texted Callum. “On my way.” I texted back. Callum has been my best friend ever since the 5th grade. Two years ago that’s when I found out that’s when I got bit by another werewolf. I never knew who it was. And until this day I still don’t know who bit me. I and Callum has been looking ever since. Callum is a witch. And he didn’t find out that until his 16th birthday. The witch spirts called to him and he freaked out. But they sent him to Vancouver where he met some of his family that summer. He learned how to use his magic and how to protect himself. But there are bad witches. The black magic ones. It happens that Callum’s Father has black magic blood. So that means that Callum has it also. If he uses it to much then black magic could take over. So he never uses it. He just uses the energy from object. I get into my black Range Rover and drive to Callum’s house. My eyes begin to turn red when I pass the big brick house on the left. I pull on the brakes in an instant. My stomach starts to turn upside down. My wolf begins to scratch at my skin wanting out. I about howled when the car behind me begins to honk. “Move mother fucker!” He honks louder. I push on the gas and drive. I wonder whose house that was. I pull into Callum’s drive way and climb up the tree to get into his window. “I have a problem.” I said and Callum turns around from his laptop. “What’s wrong?” He asked. “I found my mate.” “WHAT?! WHO IS SHE?!” He yelled. “I don’t know….” I stuttered. “What do you mean you don’t know?” “Meaning when I was on my way here I drove by this big brick house on Hutchins Street and my eyes turned really red and my wolf wanted out.”  “Do you know whose house it was?” “No…” I mumble and sat on his bed. “Did you get the address? If so I can do some research and I will find out.” “No I didn’t get the address. I was too busy being beaten by my wolf.” I said sarcastically.  He rolled his eyes and leaned back into his chair. “Ok I was doing some research on wolfs…The ones whose eyes turn red. And I found out that the werewolf that bit you was an Alpha.” “You are saying that I’m an Alpha now?” “No….I am saying that you are The Alpha.” He says. I look at him and I don’t know what to say. What does it mean that I am The Alpha? Does it mean that I am the leader? What does it mean? “So you are saying basically that I am the leader of a pack? If that is true then where is my pack?” “That is a question I have been trying to find out. Whoever bit you, you belong to that wolfs pack.” “I need to find whoever did this to me. It has been two years and still nothing. Can you use your black magic just for once and try to hunt down someone by using my bite sent?” “Ok, one, I am not a wolf. So I can’t just use your sent from the bite. Two, I am not using my black magic. Only in emergencies.” “This is a fucking emergency you dweeb.” “Rude.” He threw his TV remote at me. I roll my eyes and lean back on his bed. “If I don’t find out who did this to me soon, I think I’m going to go crazy.” “Wolfs are crazy.” He laughed. I begin to growl. “Down boy.” He laughed again.  “I am going to go, I’ll see you at school tomorrow.” I say while putting my leg out the window. “Alright see you later man.” He responded and turned his back against me. I got down from the tree and got inside my car. Should I go back on Hutchins Street? I asked myself. I backed out of the driveway and drove back down Hutchins Street. I parked along the street and stared at the house. My eyes begin to turn a bright red. I fight my wolf back and my eyes turn back to my normal brown eyes. I see someone come down their window and I bent down inside my seat. It was a guy with light brown hair and a little muscular. But not much. My eyes start to turn red again. What in the world? Why are my eyes turning red for a guy? Is that even possible? That can’t be. I am not gay. I can’t get feelings for a guy. I can’t let that happen. I am straighter then a stripper pole. Wait….. Not a stripper pole. There is diseases on those things. I shake my head and my eyes turn back to normal. I look up and see him standing on the corner. What is he doing? I wondered. A silver Toyota Camry pulls up and parks along the curb. I see a girl get out and handed him something. I begin to listen on their conversation. “Here you go.” She says. “Oh my god, thank you so much Shay.” “I looked everywhere for that book. I had to go to Seattle to get it.” “I know it would be hard. But I really do appreciate it. You are seriously the greatest best friend ever.” “I know.” They start to laugh. “I have to get going because we have school tomorrow and my mom’s already pist that I’m not home yet. So I’ll see you tomorrow.” “Bye!” He said and I heard the car drove off. I can fell that he is beyond happy right now. How can I feel his emotions? Is that possible? I looked up and he moved his head up and looked at me straight in the eye.