Chapter 4

Chapter 4

~Xavier~

My alarm goes off and I reach over to slam it on the floor. I couldn’t stop thinking about Ryder last night. I can’t start falling for a straight guy. Imagine what he would do to me. My life would be over. I just need to avoid him as much as possible. I grab my clothes and head down stairs to the kitchen. I sat at the island eating my cereal. Cinnamon toast crunch was my favorite cereal. I mean I would eat other cereals but this one was like heaven in the mouth. I hear keys unlocking the door. I glanced over and my mom walked in turning off the alarm. “Hi sweetie.” She says and kisses my forehead. “How was your night?” I asked. “Very busy. Someone came in the hospital with a scratch on them and it looked like an oversized cat that scratched them. It was really strange.” She responds while taking out food from her lunch box. I laughed and asked, “Mom… Oversized cats do not exist.” “Maybe you are right but you should have seen this scratch. “ She shakes her head. “Hey mom can I ask you something?” I mumbled through my cereal. “Anything.” She responds and looks at me. I try to find the right words to use without sounding completely stupid. “Can someone’s eyes turn red?” I asked. Her eyes widen. She turns back around and puts her lunch box in the cabinet. “Mom?” Yeah?” “I asked you a question.” “Oh right….. Um I doubt it unless they are really sick. Mom replied and forced a fake smile. I knew she was hiding something. But why was she hiding something about red eyes? I kept asking myself that while eating. “Beep! Beep!” Shay honks. “I got to go. See you later mom.” I say and kiss my mom on the cheek. I grab my black leather biker jacket and book bag. I looked back and smiled at my mom and ran out to Shay’s car. “Hey.” I smiled. She smiled and drove off. “Can I ask you something?” I asked. “Well considering you just asked a question, of course.” Shay laughed. “Can someone’s eyes turn red?” She pulls into a dead stop in the middle of the road. “Who’s eyes?” She asked nervously. “Just answer the question.” I demanded. “No. Not as I know of.” She says and begins to laugh. “I think I am falling for a straight guy. But I don’t think he knows who I am.” “Who?” She asks. “Never mind, it is nothing.” I lied and looked out the window. We pull into the school parking lot of Heavens Woods high. People walked from their cars holding hands, walking casually, walking classy, and etc. We got out of the car head up the stairs into the school. “Where’s Logan?” I asked. Getting to our locker. “I have no clue. He was supposed to be here right now.” Shay responds. Logan is my guy best friend. He used to live next to me when I was two years old until I was eight then he moved closer to Shay’s house. But I feel like he is hiding something. I and Shay can see that he is, but I can’t figure out what it is. He used to tell us everything and now it’s like this one thing that he can’t tell has got him going crazy. “Hey sorry I am late. I was on a run this morning.” Logan says rushing over to my locker. I turned to him and Shay looks at me and then we look back at Logan. “What?” Logan asks nervously. “Since when do you go running?” We asked at the same time. “I…. I always go running.” He mumbles. I shut my locker and we grab Logan by the arm. “Where are you taking me?” Logan asked trying to pull away. We pull him into the janitor’s closet and locked the door. “You know if you guys wanted a threesome we could have done it at home instead of at school.” He laughed. I and Shay slapped each side of his face. “NOW TELL US WHAT YOU ARE HIDING!” I yelled. “Whoa, calm your gay hormones down.” He said sarcastically. I punched him in the stomach. “Now tell us.” I said in anguish. “I can’t talk here. Meet me at your house tonight. I’ll climb through your window Xavier.” Logan says. “I can’t climb a tree. I haven’t done that in years.” Shay says. I roll my eyes and say, “Use water to push yourself up.” She punches me and walks out of the closet. I and Logan started to laugh. “I’ll see you at lunch man.” He says and walks out. And then there was on. I said in my head. I grab my books from the shelf and walk out. Soon as I walked out I ran into someone and all my books and papers fall threw my hands. “Watch where you are going!” I said fiercely. “Damn boy, sorry.” I look up and seen that it was Ryder. He bent down helping me pick up my stuff. “I really am sorry.” Ryder apologizes again. “It’s…..f…Fine….” I stuttered. He smiled and handed me the rest of my stuff. “See you around.” He says and walks away with Callum and Sutton. Sutton looks back at me and smiles. What the hell was that all about? I wondered.