Chapter 21 - Flames of Resistance Pt. 4/6

Start from the beginning

Nimitz: "Rochefort, approximately when can you really confirm that the Japanese will attack AF?"

Rochefort: "I believe they're still planning to attack it, sir."

Nimitz: "Make it convincing."

Rochefort: "As you wish, sir."

25th of March 1942

Field 1, Eglin Field, Florida.

     Y/n watched on as 22 B-25 Mitchells took off from the runway one by one, headed for McClellan Field in California.

Aiden: "Lieutenant Commander, it's about time to go."

Y/n: "Right."

     Y/n turned away as the last B-25 took off. He was to go back to the UK to receive his new decorations and to be assigned to a new command for the time being.

     Before Y/n got back into the jeep however, he noticed three U.S. Army pilots approaching George. He immediately approached them.

Pilot 1: "Hey, look what I see here. There's a shipgirl out here, let's bring her with us for some fun."

Y/n: "I believe I will have to teach you some manners before that."

Pilot 3: "What do you mean? You can't even win against all three of us man. Just let us take the girl."

Y/n: "Not when I am still here."

     Y/n punched one of them in the face before he punched the other one in his throat. The last one still standing tried to grab him by his uniform but Y/n twisted his left arm and threw him to the ground.

Y/n: "Thirty seconds. That's still quite impressive..."

19th of April 1942

HMS Illustrious, Force 121, Port of Durban, Durban, South Africa.

     Y/n was on the flight deck of Illustrious in his white tropical uniform when a crew chief approached him with a news magazine

???: "The Yanks did it sir. They bombed the Japs."

Y/n: "A daring feat. Don't you think so, Damian?"

Damian: "Of course, sir."

     The crew chief was none other than Damian, who survived Audacity's sinking because his life boat was rescued on the same day it was sunk.

Y/n: "But there is no end to it though."

Damian: "Sir?"

     Y/n grabbed the news magazine in Damian's hand and tore it apart for unknown reasons. He dropped it into the sea below. Damian was surprised but he made no attempts to stop Y/n as awkward silence sets in.

Y/n: "Sometimes, I just kept wondering why was it not me."

Y/n: "I have lost too many friends, way too many. Sometimes, you only get to know them for a day then they are gone."