Chapter 7 - The Music of Fortune Pt. 1/3

I walked inside and stood at ease, I decided to keep some distance between myself and the squadron commander, he was sitting on a desk, doing some paper works.

Y/n: "Lieutenant Y/n L/n, rep-"

Douglas: "Cut the crap out and sit down."

Y/n: "Yes, sir."

     I sat down on one of the chairs in front of his desk, he was smoking tobacco from a tobacco pipe in his mouth.

Douglas: "Relax, it's not like I am going to kick your ass today, as you know, you're the first one in my squadron to achieve the status of an "ace in a day", a feat that's even more extraordinary than my top gun McKnight's victories."

Douglas: "Now, because of your feats today, I am recommending you for a Distinguished Flying Cross, also as a personal gift, you don't have to write a combat report today, you can go do whatever the fuck you please, dismissed."

Y/n: "Yes, sir."

     I stood up and walked out of the room, that was quite fast considering the fact that I thought it was something more important than that, nevertheless I walked back into the pub and relaxed myself for the next few hours. Luckily we were not scrambled again for the rest of the day.

The next day...

     After doing all the works during the day, I arrived at the Queen's Hall at around 7:30 pm, however everyone outside the hall were looking at an attractive and beautiful blonde-haired lady with her long straight hair tied, wearing a red dress. She looked somewhat similar to George but I dismissed it as a mere coincidence.

     I noticed several men approaching the lady, I was also approached by several ladies, asking where was my seat, I gave most of them the answers and they quickly rushed off somewhere in a hurry, weird...

     I walked into the hall and got seated, my seat was in the B row, right in the middle with the lady from earlier was seated right in front of me, I decided not to say anything as the concert was about to start.

Three hours later

     After the show ended, I quickly got out of the hall and decided to walk around for a few minutes, I noticed the lady was still being approached by men, this time by two men dressed in British Army and the Metropolitan Police officers uniform.

     The weird things about their uniforms are the facts that all theirs medals are from the interwar period, they look way too young to have served during those times, they could be one of the "Walts". For the guy in the police uniform, I have no idea however I have a feeling he is also one of them. Since I was close to them, I could hear their conversations.

Man 1: "Hey, young lady, do you have somewhere else to go? If not, I can take you home."

The lady: "I am sorry, however, I can take care of myself."

Man 2: "Aw, come on, we can take you home for free, only if you listen to us."

     That's when things started getting awkward, I noticed the guy in the Army's uniform taking out a handkerchief and the guy in the Police's uniform nodding, I decided to intervene. The closer I was, she only looks more like George, they're way too similar, now this might not be a coincidence at all.

Y/n: "Do you appear to have any problems here?"

Man 1: "That's none of your business."

Y/n: "I have been listening to your conversations, I will have to ask you to leave."

Man 2: "I am afraid, however it's you, that's going to leave."

     They pulled out their knives and charged at me, I dodged one of the guy's knife and grabbed the other guy's wrist, and twisted it. Then I threw him to the ground using the Harai goshi throw.