Chapter 20 - Flames of Resistance Pt. 3/6

Present

28th of February 1942

12:25

     Both Y/n and the Commander of the U.S. Navy's Bureau 10 were pointing their guns at each other despite attempts to calm both of them down.

Y/n: "This is why I hate playboys the most."

???: "I also hate those who acts honorable like a gentleman."

     Both of them kept staring at each other while still aiming for each other's head. George tried to walk in to calm Y/n down but she was stopped by Enterprise.

George: "Release me! Someone will have to intervene before it escalates."

Enterprise: "Please just watch. Do you trust your own commander?"

George: "Of course..."

Enterprise: "Then please don't intervene."

George: "Fine..."

Five minutes earlier...

12:20

     Y/n walked out of the Sunderland, he was immediately impressed by the size of the New York City. However, he also noticed someone looking at him. It was his long-time friend and rival, Commander Alan. He was decorated with several decorations and badges.

Alan: "It's been a long time, Y/n."

Y/n: "So my guesses were right, are you the U.S. Navy's Section 10 commander?"

Alan: "Section? That's so British, it's a bureau here. And yes, I am the commander, who's that beautiful girl behind you?"

Y/n: "That's none of your business, Alan."

Alan: "I see, then allow me to take care of her."

     Alan quickly approached George and grabbed her hands. George was confused and looked at Y/n who was clearly angry.

George: "Who's this, Y/n...?"

Alan: "No worries, sweetheart. You're one of my mistresses now-"

Y/n: "I told you, it's none of your business."

     Y/n grabbed Alan by his left shoulder and smiled. Alan tried to punch Y/n in the face but Y/n grabbed his fist and attempted to throw him to the ground.

     Alan managed to stop Y/n from throwing him to the ground but was unable to lock him in place. Both of them took a few steps backwards and pulled out their service pistols from their pouches.

Alan: "You always give me a hard time, Y/n."

Y/n: "And that's also the reason why you're also my rival."

Present

Alan: "Be honest, Y/n. Who is she?"

Y/n: "She's my girlfriend, how about that girl over there?"

Alan: "She's my favorite mistr-"

Enterprise: "Ahem...I am not even your girlfriend, Commander. Please stop your imagination right there."

     Enterprise cleared her throat while Alan was speaking. Enterprise sighed as Alan tried to move closer to her.

Y/n: "Alan, let's get right to business."

Alan: "Right, but allow me to introduce the chief of the research and development department in Bureau 10, Dr. Kason Hooper."

     The scientist inside the car walked out. He shook hand with Aiden as if they have known each other for a long time.