Chapter 6 - The Few Pt. 4/4

A beautiful red-haired girl with blue eyes immediately ran out of the house, dove in and clung to me, the girl was none other than Sakura.

(now whoever you wanted ur step-sister to look like is up to you, just think of nene alkastone from kimisen as the basis lol)

Sakura: "I missed you, Y/n, onii-chan..."

Y/n: "I know, Sakura, after all, we have not met each other since I was since to Dartmouth, right?"

Sakura: "Then, onii-chan...care to explain why didn't you send any mails?"

Y/n: "I have no excuses for that, please forgive me."

Sakura: "Apology declined."

     She got off me and then she pointed at her cheek, I bent myself and kissed her on the cheek, then she stepped backwards a few steps, now with rather happy mood.

Sakura: "Y/n and Aaron onii-chan, please come inside, I have prepared your favorite food, creamy salmon spaghetti pasta!"

Aaron: "I am starting to get hungry, let's go, Y/n."

Y/n: "Alright then."

     I walked into the house, it was weirdly quiet, just as I was thinking about it, a sign was dropped from the ceiling saying "Welcome home, Y/n!".

     Someone walked out of the kitchen, I recognized him instantly, the guy's none other than my father, Major-General Philip L/n, dressed in his service dress.

Philip: "Welcome back, chap."

Y/n: "Good day, sir, aren't you supposed to be at work, sir?"

Philip: "Listen, Y/n, you're at home, we're not meeting on duty or something, stop being too polite."

Y/n: "Aye, dad."

Philip: "Now, let the party begins, again, Y/n, welcome back."

30th of August, 1940.

     Our squadron has been moved to RAF Duxford due to Air Vice Marshal Trafford Leigh-Mallory orders.

      I was reading a newspaper outside the squadron briefing room in the afternoon, looking at the runway when a bell was rang, I dropped the newspaper and ran as fast as I can to my Hurricane.

     I climbed into the Hurricane's cockpit and immediately started the engine before putting on my leather helmet and pinning my webbing to the strap, Damian performed a FOD check before allowing me to take off.

Damian: "Good luck up there, sir!"

     I closed the canopy and took off. Only Red and Blue flights were able to take off in time, ten minutes after taking off, we spotted a large formation of He 111s, escorted by Bf 109 and Bf 110 escorts to our port side and directly below us.

 Only Red and Blue flights were able to take off in time, ten minutes after taking off, we spotted a large formation of He 111s, escorted by Bf 109 and Bf 110 escorts to our port side and directly below us