Chapter 19 - Flames of Resistance Pt. 2/6

(Note: I will be referring to Eleonore as Bismarck from now on to avoid confusions.)

     Y/n looked at Alfred and smiled awkwardly as Alfred smiled back at him and pulled out a syringe.

Y/n: [G] "Are you trying to get on my nerves?"

Alfred: [G] "No. I am simply telling the truth, if you wanted her memories back then you must have sex with her."

Y/n: [G] "Listen...I am not gonna do it with her especially since she's asleep and with her memories gone, she wouldn't even recognize me. It would be as if I was ra-"

Alfred: [G] "As if you were raping her? Don't make me laugh, Lieutenant Commander. I know you wanted to do it with her, so just admit it."

     Y/n hid his face behind his arm as he was brushing. He peeked at Bismarck on the bed and brushed even more. Alfred laughed out loud, afterall Y/n wasn't unwilling to do it.

Alfred: [G] Don't worry, Lieutenant Commander. The liquid within this syringe once I injected it into her, it will bring back her memories for a limited time. Let's say it's around 30 minutes to an hour."

     Y/n was thinking about it for a minute when he made up his mind and looked at the black cube on the table. Y/n was still suspicious of Alfred.

Y/n: [G] "Alright, now before you make fun of me even more. Explain why are you helping her and telling it to me, your enemy?"

     Alfred placed the syringe on the table before sitting down on the chair. He pulled out a picture of Eleonore in her teenages year with him in an estate.

Alfred: [G] "I am her adoptive grandfather. It was in 1924 that I, a heartbroken sceintist met the four-years old Eleonore on the streets outside of the Kaiser Wilhelm Institute. She was beautiful even in her youth but there were no sign of her family or so. I decided to bring her home and formally adopt her with the name Eleonore Reichwein after several weeks of trying to find her family to no avail."

Y/n: [G] "Your last name doesn't seem to be Reichwein though, Dr. Alfred Niebuhr."

     Alfred checked his suit pocket for his "Kennkarte" document and was surprised to find out that Y/n was already reading it. Y/n took it when Alfred was pinned against the wall by the former.

Alfred: [G] "It's my sister last name. Even though Eleonore lives with me, I was granted permission by my sister to use her husband's last name for Eleonore for reasons that I can't tell anyone."

Y/n: [G] "Understandable but you still have one question left to answer, Dr. Alfred. Why are you telling this to your enemy?"

Alfred: [G] "I am not your enemy. I am part of the resistance group called "Maier-Messner-Caldonazzi" in Austria."

Y/n: [G] "Alright then."

     Y/n closed Alfred's Kennkarte and handed it back to him. Alfred grabbed it and quickly placed it back into his pocket before he picked up the black wisdom cube.

Alfred: [G] "Honestly, I don't understand how this cube works too because no one managed to open it even once no matters what they do. It seems you must have that kind of relation in order for the cube to activate itself. Here you can check it."

Y/n: "Thanks, I guess."

     Alfred threw the cube over to Y/n and as soon as Y/n started checking on the cube, Alfred picked up the syringe and rushed out of the room.

Alfred: [G] "By the way, good luck! I will see you in an hour."

     Alfred closed the door as Y/n rushed to the door. Y/n opened the door again and peeked out, only to find out that Alfred was nowhere to be seen. Y/n made no attempt to pursue him.