009

Rubbing my eyes gently as I walked towards the school. I was awfully tired, I wasn't getting much sleep anymore. By now I would've thought I would get use to my parents arguing all night but I stay up and wonder if this is ever going to stop. Will things ever go back to normal? I was just mentally exhausted with everything. But it's alright I mean I have a few months to live with it, I already got accepted into Washington so my path to success is ready for me.

I then spotted vinnie causing me to smile a bit, he wasn't far from me. So I quickly jogged towards him tugging onto his backpack, he turned and quickly stared down at me in horror.

I stepped back holding my hands up in defense "so you're not a morning person" he face turn bright red to my comment "shut up, you just caught me by surprise" he sighed combing his fingers through his hair. He didn't say anything but pulled his jacket closer towards his face, i kept seeing him giving me side glances.

I don't think he was in the best mood to see me..

I cleared my throat "I was thinking we should do something that you want.."I watched as his eyes grew with excitement "well of course if we're hanging out today" he nodded his head "yeah sounds good" he mumble.

"The two new biggest head" Enzo walked with his hands inside his pocket, "Tch" Vinnie rolled his eyes "what? Did I ruin your date?" Enzo chuckled.

"Gross, never" I pretended to puke "yeah" he gave me the side eye "why would I date some loser" he smiled. "So are we hanging out at Delilah's this weekend?" Enzo brought up, I nodded my head watching as vinnie agreed.

. . .

I sat on the corner of Vinnie's bed while he pointed towards his tv screen. His mouth kept moving but the words wouldn't processing inside my mind. I was just focusing on looking around his room, it was clean and neat inside. The bed was even made, things were organized and very well put together.. kinda insane.

"Did you clean this for me?" I blurted out, his face went straight "I didn't even know we were going to hang out today..are you even listening to me?" He stood straight. I lightly nodded my head before throwing myself back on his bed "let me take a nap" "Ivy I want you to play this with me"he placed a control beside me. I stared up his ceiling smiling a bit "do you like to imagine your future?" I asked "yeah, sometimes" he shrugged.

I sat up with my elbows pressing against his mattress "what are you plans?" I questioned, he sat back on his chair "I'm going to Washington and becoming an attorney" "you're joking, right?" He rolled his eyes "does it look like I'm joking? What? You don't think I'm smart enough-" "no because that's literally what I'm going for.." "have you been accepted to Washington?" He asked softly.

"Yeah and you?" "Yeah.." the room stayed silent for a bit. Well that was a surprise "so we're still going to see each other.. well I think? That's insane what were the odds" "cool whatever, now can we play? Come on you take me shopping, just one game" "fine" I said grabbing the control.

We played a couple of matches and by my surprise I was actually pretty good at playing call of duty. And I think that even surprise him as well, the winning and losing matches was always back forth. After awhile we decided to watch a couple of shows and go out and grab some boba.

We sat in his car while quietly drinking, I stared out the window watching the people enter and leave the stores. I quickly caught of glimpse of vinnie staring over at me "what is wrong with you today? What's with the side eye?" I stared him down.

"Nothing i just been realizing that I'm spending a lot time with some loser, and I can't believe life is this way" he said as an excuse "you could've decline the invite-" "no I'm fine" he shrugged "I'll take you to your favorite place" "and that is?" "You'll see, just close your eyes and no peeping! I'll drop you off at some random curb and you'll walk home" he threatened "yeah whatever" I said resting my eyes making myself comfortable in my seat.

During the whole car ride I kept hearing him laughing out, he didn't say anything until later on I felt a light tap on my shoulder "we're here" he said out loud. I quickly opened my eyes to see that we were at viewpoint, lucky us.

Vinnie somehow got the best parking spot, we were able to see a small patch of the city, the sun was already going down and everything was just wow. I think vinnie noticed the awh look in my eyes "it's always so nice up here" He spoke out.

I nodded my head "yeah, I love it" he didn't say anything but did his usual nods. "I like how you have your mind straight, I'm not sure how to describe it but I just like how you're ready to conquer this path you made for yourself and you'll do whatever it takes to reach this goal"

My eyes widen and he awkwardly nodded "really?" "Yeah and it amazes me, you make it seem so easy" "it's hard, there's so much on my plate. I just want people to stop looking down at me.. I want their jaws to drop" "good, I know you can do it" he rested his eyes.

I took a moment to stare at him for a bit, It's been awhile since I heard those words. I mostly hear them in Delilah tone of voice, she was always pushing me to my best. And now hearing it from a different person, kinda made me want to tear up. Sometimes I forget what I'm fighting for, since I'm always up in this constant battle with life. I forget that I have to breathe and recollect with myself.

His eyes slowly open and we made quick eye contact, I quickly moved my gaze onto the view. It was starting to snow and that was terrifying.

"You're weird" Vinnie commented, it was that stupid comment again. And what was funny was that we were here again at view point, it brought back the warm soup memory.

"It's snowing" I frowned "you don't like the snow?" "I can't drive in it, well I don't know how" I groan. Flashbacks of the screaming kids on a random school bus were coming back to me and I wanted to yank my hair out.

"I can be your ride for school.." He offered my head snapped to his direction "are you being serious?" "Yeah.." he slowly nodded his head "that's very nice of you" "I know" he smiled.

Vinnie's POV

"I'm still lost on what to give Ivy" I asked Lorenzo, we were in the class and he was scribbling down notes.

"Give her a Christmas box.. I don't know" he muttered, he placed his pencil down staring up at me. "What? I mean I might.." I shrugged "I know, I saw that you and Ivy came to school today.." he slowly said.

"Yeah and what about it? She's scared to drive in the snow" "I see that you two are getting close to each other" I'm not sure why but I just felt so nervous all of sudden. "Well who else am I suppose to hang out with?" "Nothing, I mean I was assuming you had some crush on her" he mumble, I stared at him "no.. why would you think that" "I mean you're so over the top with her and Julian" "shes a friend, I'm protecting her? But I can care less now" I scoffed.

"Do you really mean that vinnie?" "Yeah, if you were to hang out with us more you would see how smart and good of person she is.. she's out of everyone's league and she knows her place" I tapped my pen on my desk.

"That was very n-" "it was a compliment, what I can't compliment my friend?" "I'm not saying-" "shut up" "okay" he laughed "I'll stop."

A/N don't forget to vote and comment, thank you so much for reading my story!!