020

"This is my room" I waved my hands in the air, vinnie nodded "it's clean" he chuckled before throwing himself onto my bed "just how I imagined" he noted out loud. He squished the stuffed animals that laid on the bed, trying his best to cuddle deeper into them. I think he was laying on some "but I didn't imagine them in here, do you cuddle with them when I'm not here?"he smiled proudly "and they're better, they don't call me annoying or ugly" I shrugged he stayed quiet.

"Why do you have so many" he held the sock monkey up "do you wanna keep one?" I turned "no" "good because I'm not giving you one" I snapped. He started to laugh sitting himself up , he then stood up walking around the room looking at every small detail in my room "I didn't know you painted" he poked at the canvas "sometimes" I moved myself onto my bed.

"Paint me something" he turned and smiled sitting himself back down onto the bed "how long does it take you to water your plants?" He asked, So many questions. So many. I held two headbands he quickly chose the soft one. Putting it on himself "ahh skin care" he chuckled laying his head on my lap "do your magic" he rested his eyes "it doesn't take me very long, some water on different days" i finally answered.

He nodded his head and kept his eyes closed, we suddenly heard a door slammed. He quickly sat up and his eyes widen with excitement and fear "whos here?" He whispered I walked over to my window to see my dads car pulled in, my eyes widen. I held my finger up to my lips hushing him "but I'm already quiet" he whispered again , I tilted my head making a face he nodded and covered his mouth.

He sat himself on my bed, we both quietly stayed still. We heard footsteps coming up to the room, we stood up and I shoved vinnie into the closet making him hit his head "ow" he mouth.

The steps turned meaning he was going into his room, I sat on my bed scrolling through my phone to make it casual. I then heard footsteps approaching my room. The door peep opened "where's your mom?" He asked "she's at grandmas, helping her since she got surgery" I answered "you and I know that's a lie" he stared. I brush it off and continued to scroll through my phone "if you know something tell me, who is she cheating on me with?" He was now inside my room.

My mom never cheated on my dad, he just loved to shove that idea into his head to give off an excuse for him to cheat "back" on her. I was so tense up and nervous, from hiding vinnie in my room he probably assumed I saw her leaving with a guy.

"She's at grandmas, I promise" I continued to stare down at my phone "what did I ever do to you.. to make you lie?" He asked "I can call grandma-" "why? If she'll lie for her too, you don't care about me being happy?" "I do care.." I mumbled "then tell me where she's at" his voice raised.

TW: STRONG LANGUAGE/ VERBAL ABUSE

I huffed "she's at grandmas" I repeated, he squeezed his eyes shut. My eyes widen and I stood up moving my way pass him as I started to walk back downstairs, I didn't want vinnie to hear whatever he was about to start. "Where are you going?" He yelled "I'm going to delilah's" I lied "you're lying again, why are you running off to some guys, why are you turning into a slut" he yelled.

My heart was beating so fast, and I felt like I could barely breath. This was embarrassing for me, vinnie was hearing this all.

"Why aren't you saying anything? Why are you acting so weird" he asked "I'm just tired" i sighed "then why are you leaving?" "I'm-" I paused shrugging my shoulders.

"I hate you" he stared "you're always taking your moms side and to me that's enough to know you're a whore. And you're always so rude to me after I gave you a roof to live under and food. After I raised you" "you never raised me.. it was always mom you were never home" I corrected him.

"And you always get yourself into everyone's business, I hope karma gets you. You're nothing in life, I never loved you-" I shake my head, I didn't even do anything and he was always telling me the same thing. I was use to it, I was numb to it all.

"The way you treated me, it'll come back to you. I hope you get a man who abuses you so you know what to shut the fuck up" he walked down and yanking the necklace off of me "just know I was never proud of you, and I was always forcing myself to love you. You make my life harder than it is" he finally finished, he shoved me while walking into the living room. My eyes watered and I rubbed my neck gently while I walked back into my room, I shut the door hearing the door from downstairs slam shut.

Vinnie's POV

I slowly walked out of the closet, my eyes widen. Ivy slid down from the door, her eyes were watering. The car from outside started and I could hear it pulling away from the driveway.

"Ivy" I managed to even speak, I was shocked and I didn't see any of it coming. She shake her head "that's embarrassing I'm so sorry you heard that" she sighed. I glanced down at the small scratch on her neck and noticed the necklace was gone.

I grabbed a backpack pacing around the room "come home with me" I panicked, was this a daily thing? She shake her head "I can't, look I'm sorry.." "sorry? You didn't even do anything" I frowned, I grabbed a stuffed animal "You can bring them too, and your plants I don't mind. You can take my bed, just come to my house" "I can't leave my mom" "bring her too, I don't care" I sat down beside her I embraced her for a hug rubbing her back gently.

"Ivy you didn't deserve that, all those negative things. He didn't mean it.. is this a daily thing?" I asked she didn't say anything. Looking back at Delilah expression whenever the topic of Ivy's dad came up, she was always so negative about it. It's all starting to connect..

"He's abusing you, come home with me" I frowned "I can't leave you here" "don't even stress, I'm fine. That's all he says, I'm just embarrassed" she pulled herself away and rubbed her forehead. "I won't tell anyone I promise-" "you promise?" She looked up. "I promise,you don't need to stress about that. I just want you to be safe, just come home with me" "Vinnie I can't, I think you should head home already. I'm sorry about the day" "how do you expect me to leave you her-" "he's going to come back and it's be harder for me to sneak you out, it's best if you leave" "Ivy-" "Vinnie." She was staring up at me.

"How do you want me to leave you here!" I was frustrated I didn't understand her, but I wanted to understand her pain and be there more for her. She stayed quiet, and was staring off to space, I was chewing on the inside of my cheek. She wasn't even crying, she just looked so drained. Is this why she has so many bad days? Is that why she's so quiet?

I slipped my shoes on slowly "well I want you to know that you are special.." finally a tear slipped down her cheek, I walked over and wiped it away with my thumb. "Just call me if you ever need anything, you can wake me up at 4 am I don't care just let me be there for you.." I was biting the inside of my cheek harder, I then left the house.

I got inside my car, sitting inside of it for a bit. I parked away from her house, just in case someone showed up. I didn't realize how long I was sitting inside trying to process what I've witnessed.. I just wanted her to live in my place for a bit.

I grabbed my phone calling her, only for the call to not answer. I regret leaving. Is she okay?