023

Ivy's POV

I groan out loud, stretching my arms out. I didn't have a hangover but I just wanted to sleep in a bit longer but seeing that it was already 12, I had to force myself up.

I walked into the kitchen to see vinnie already sitting down having a cup of coffee, I awkwardly mumble Goodmorning he just nodded his head and embarrassingly stared down at his phone.

As I started to make myself one, I wonder if he knew we kissed and confessed our feelings to each other. Like did he mean it or was it for the moment?

I sat beside him gently blowing onto the cup "I meant what I said but do you.." he finally looked up and questioned "I do.. but" I trailed "but what?" "I just think we should take things slow if we start having a relationship" "we can take things slow.. I don't mind" he awkwardly laughed. Why was this so awkward and gross.

"That's gross" I smiled "what?" "You like me.." "okay but you literally like me too, do you think that cancels out the grossness?" He asked making us both laughed. He paused and smiled warmly at me, I felt butterflies in my stomach.

For my entire life, the only thing I could remember is the constant struggle of living and being okay whatever life had to throw at me. I've became so numb, that for a bit I lost myself and couldn't really remember or know who I was. And it was terrifying that I was completely fine with it, I just know I had to continue moving forward and have the idea in the back of my head that one day I'll get that sense of relief.. the sense of happiness and not having to remember anything bad things.

What was strange was, I got the feeling of home when I was around him. He always made me forget things, he made sure I was doing okay and he always wanted to protect me.

I could feel my eyes water, I glanced to see him smiling down at his phone watching some random video letting out a laugh. I couldn't help but laugh with him, he glanced at me and his eyes held a different kind of shine.

"Can I kiss you?" He asked, it caught me be surprised I just nodded my head. His hands cupped my cheeks seconds later I felt his lips on top of mine and we both shared a small peck, I could still feel that warm feeling.

"No way" Delilah yelled, we pulled away and looked at different directions in the room trying our best to pretend nothing happened.

"I told you it would work" Enzo yawed, walking into the kitchen as he started to pour himself cereal. "You planned it?" Vinnie asked "yeah.. we left after the 7 minutes" he rubbed his eyes "I knew if you both didn't want that, we wouldn't have to time you.. you guys would've known when to leave" he took a big spoonful of cereal.

I raised a brow, wow when I mean he wasn't wrong..

"So are you guys dating or what?" Delilah asked, my eyes ran towards vinnie "we're taking things slow" he said while leaning against his hand "i saw it coming, I knew vinnie would fall for you" Enzo said "just by the way he would talk about you, it was obvious the way he looked at you too.. I think I knew it way before he did" he continued to talk.

"Really?" I laughed "Enzo is weird" Vinnie made a face "I'm heading home, do you need a ride?" He turned and asked "yeah that would be nice."

...

We were at some parking lot, eating ice cream "do you think if I add more plants to my room, it would be too much?" I asked "yeah, I think you should stop already" he said.

He slowly turned his head "Ive been thinking.. Your nickname is still going to be ugly" "please don't start" "okay.." he shrugged "ugly" he mumble.

He chuckled and I rolled my eyes "I was joking, I think you're cute" he muttered "I know" I shrugged "well compliment me back!" Vinnie pushed "you look decent today" I quoted he was now rolling his eyes.

"Ivy you are truly something" he smiled "do you have your skateboard on you?" "Yeah why?" "Teach me!" "Are you ready for that?" I nodded my head and with that, he got off his car taking the board out of the backseat.

I followed him out as he plop the skateboard down on the ground "first balanced on it" he quickly stood on it before stepping back down "and then we'll move to riding it, if you pushing mongo.. I'm leaving you in this parking lot" he said in a serious tone before finishing it with a smile. I stood on the skateboard shaking my hands "ta da" "okay.. now push yourself?"I nodded and did a small push not going very far.

We both laughed and again I did a larger push, within seconds I was losing my balance and the board slipped out from under my feet causing me to fall back into his arms "holy shit you caught me" I sighed in relief "yeah next time I'm letting you eat shit" he joked.

I got back onto the board and his hands somehow found my waist "I got you" he mumbled, chills ran up my spine. I shake it off and started to push myself gently, he followed through as his hands slightly gripped onto me.

The board stopped rolling and I turned back to smile "You got this" he smiled, I held my hands out "pull me" "but you won't learn anything" "doesn't matter.." he shrugged and held my hands were started to pull me. We both were smiling at each other "see this is fun" "you're lame" he teased.

The board hit a pebble making me fall into his chest, as we both fell onto the floor. We started to laugh into each other's arms, we did one of those happy sighs and smiled up each other.

I hated how he could always brighten my mood , he always gave me this nice feeling and i didn't want to lose him already..

His eyes soften up, that's adorable I have to admit that's really cute.

"This angle is doing you no justice" he spoke "I think I hate you" I mentally face planted.

Vinnie's POV

"So how do you feel?" Enzo asked "relief? It's nice to know, that I was ahead of everyone" I laughed, Enzo rolled his eyes continuing to play catch with himself.

It all felt strange, but it was nice. It did feel random, but I'm glad that I'm aware she has feelings for me.

"Do you mind?" He asked,snapping my attention "what?" "Taking it all slow? You aren't scared?" "It doesn't matter to me, I just enjoy any time spent with her.." I said, he didn't say anything but nodded.