037

Vinnie's POV

I was dressed in a black cap and gown while she wore a red one. I smiled widely down at Ivy "we did it" I nudged her "congratulations to us both"she smiled.

My fingers tip brushed against her hand before building the courage to grab ahold of it. She didn't do a big reaction but did a quick squeeze as we followed our classmates to the stadium.

Lights were out, photos of us were being taken and of course the band was playing in the back. She smiled and waved around at her mom and dad and of course mine as well. I did the same, but I think her parents were a bit confused with me. I mean I didn't even get to meet them and now seeing we were holding hands was not a good mix. She'll just make up the excuse that our teacher made us do it or something, I don't know. I glanced down to see her eyes starting to water. How much she waited for this day, she looked forward to it so much. And I'm glad that we could share this moment, it wasn't a big thing but it was big step for her.

Speeches were told by many people, the sun was starting to set and it was starting to get a bit cold. I would glance up at the crowd of families and parents seeing that mine had brought three bouquet of flowers. More likely for Ivy and Enzo and I.. that was a bit too much. I was a tad bit embarrassed but I liked how they adored Ivy, shes really sweet.

Finally they started to call the names up, the second Enzo and Ivy and Delilah went up on stage I made sure to loudly cheer and clap for them were they all did the same thing for me. They all looked so happy and excited, I was happy as well but I was sad that soon some of us were about to separate.

Enzo was going to out of state college, Delilah was going to a different university in Washington. I was sad now thinking there was no longer going to be days were Enzo and I would randomly drive to the cities next door to seek for something fun to do. Or us staying up very late playing video games or just hanging out with each other. We were best buds since 4th grade, I was going to miss him. I should've done more with him, this summer I won't let it slide.

Hopefully the staying in my car with Ivy won't change and her dragging me along to whatever she had to do either. Hopefully I don't lose her as well during the whole schooling.

Finally our principal spoke into the mic announcing it was our time to finally turn our tassels to the other side of our caps.

"Congratulations to the class of 2020" he gave the signal, making everyone throw their hats into the air. The moon and stars were out, and seeing a few of our classmates cry made me a bit emotional.

I walked over to the small friend group giving them a tight group hug. Tears were forming into everyone's eyes "we did it" I laughed "and now we have to do more schooling" everyone laughed and wiped their eyes. Our parents came down and took photos of us congratulating us all.

"We're proud of you" my dad patted my back while handing the bouquet of roses "thanks" I smiled.

We stood and talked for a bit, I would often glance around to see where Ivy was at. I found her talking with Chris, he gave her a small hug handing her a bouquet of flowers. Great. More flowers. She smiled widely at him while he did the same, I didn't think they were close. He didn't bring his girlfriend around this time.

"Dont even stress" Enzo gently shake my shoulders "he's taken" "you act like that would stop him" I did a side eye. "He's not like that, plus you're working on yourself.. Ivy is like stuck by your side" well I hope he's not wrong.