032

Vinnie's POV

She smiled up Enzo and Delilah, holding up a small paper. I couldn't see exactly what she got but there were hardly any red marks on it, I'm assuming she aced it like she usually does. I waited for her to walk away before walking up to the small couple.

"Can we hang out?" I smiled up at Enzo, he paused before nodding his head "of course" he said "well whenever you're free of course.."

"Did she do well on her test?" I awkwardly asked, Enzo didn't lift his head but just nodded "yup" he mumbled "I'm not surprised.." I chuckled.

"Yeah, that's just Ivy" he muttered under his breath "how are you doing? Any new a's?" He asked "yeah of course, I have a lot of time to study now" I scratched the back of my neck "yeah I'm not surprised either" he said as the bell rang. "I'll catch you later" he waved.

...

It was the end of school and I was looking through my locker. Cleaning things out, our school said we had start taking things out slowly by now so we wouldn't have to do that much work when we graduated.

I continued to look through before pulling out a sweater. I noticed it was raining out so it wouldn't hurt to put it on, I stretched my arms out getting comfortable feeling something clash against one my wrist.

My eyes widen immediately recognize it. Ivy, I pulled my sleeve up to peep down at it, to see the familiar charm and my heart skipped a beat. I missed her and i was hating myself more for changing the beautiful friendship we had to something serious. We were both ready but a sudden incident happened to me, and I guess the words of Julian were getting to me as well. I would blame that.

I don't regret the memories and the love we had for each other but I hate how I destroyed the friendship. I wanted to keep her forever but I knew she deserved more. I had this guilty feeling that I was being greedy with her..

I walked out towards the parking lot to see Ivy and Chris talking. He held an umbrella between them, she kinda laughed while he tugged on her sleeve motioning to come inside the black Mercedes. I rolled my eyes, I hated seeing them together. I couldn't help but glare at the both, Chris's smile immediately dropped and looked very confused.

What is there to be confused about? Actually I should be happy for them. This is what I wanted..?

I drove home, immediately walking up to my room where I dumped a box out then throwing in the things Ivy and I had made into it. I paused staring down at the photo of us before moving my eyes back on my pinky seeing the tiny ring. My breath hitched and I shake my head kicking the box inside the closet. There wasn't a lot of things but how am I suppose to remember? All I have is memories and memories fade away.

I glared up the small devils Ivy that was on my desk, I grabbed it while walking back downstairs. My mom sat in the couch reading some book while I plopped the plant on the little table, her eyes lifted away "isn't that the plant-" "yes, now make sure to water it once a week since it's starting to get warm now.." my mom stared up at me confusedly while nodding her head.

"Oh .. okay" she softly spoke "do you wanna talk about-" "no" I mumble "I'm fine, we're fine and I understand why it happened.." "Okay but he's leaving soon-" "I don't care.. well I do care.." I mumbled shaking my head hearing a sudden knock on our front door.

"It must be Enzo" I gave her a small smile while walking towards the door, Enzo gave me a warm smile nodding his head before patting my shoulder.

He step back while motioning me to follow him. I didn't question it, until we sat in the car and he started to drive us out the city.

"Where we going?" I asked "skateboarding" he shrugged.

Soon we arrived at the destination, I followed him out of the car before he gently threw a board at me.

We skated around, doing a few tricks, teaching ourselves new ones. For the first time my thoughts were very occupied and I forgot about my stress and worries.

We sat on the sidewalk, panting out while chugging our water bottles. Enzo turned towards me wiping his mouth with his arm "you know.. you subconsciously developed a habit" he sighed "but it's okay we all do, I noticed that you started to believe the negative things you say about yourself, not being enough or not having what it takes to do something..you're always thinking a lot more now.." he took another large chug.

"But the key to breaking any habit, is to keep working on it. Don't give up, even while times seem so tough" he smiled "plus you have me by your side and I'm sure Ivy as well.. it's okay to feel down.. Just be very patient" he patted my back harshly. We both softly chuckled.

It's been awhile since we exchanged words after the big fight, I opened her messaged seeing a few messages up seeing that I said I love you to her. I was getting sad over the memory..

I shut the phone off glancing back up at him "what are you doing this weekend?" "Nothing.." he sighed "how about Friday afternoon.." I added "meet Delilah's parents.." "ohhh that's really big" "yeah but Esme said she's going to throw in things about me .. so fall in love with the idea of me" Enzo grinned.

"How about you?" He turned "probably get some air, do something new.. can you take me home already?" I asked "yeah sure.."

He drove me off and I waved goodbye to him, i glanced up at the living room seeing the two shadows of my parents and seeing the way they moved. It was obvious that they were arguing again. I sighed and got in my car messaging Ivy to meet up. I'm not sure if she was going to be there but I dove up to the place and waited there.

I saw her car pull up and she drove beside my car, she looked hurtbut her eye glimmer under the moon.

We both got off, awkwardly walking up to each other.

"I missed you.." I said, a single tear slid down her cheek "I missed you too.." "and I should've broke up with you way more mature and I'm sorry. But a relationship isn't good for me at the moment. It's okay if you hate me but I can't stand the idea of losing you so I was hoping if we can continue to be friends?" I nodded, she just nodded her head "I understand.." she smiled "We can still be friends" "great" I wrapped an arm around her while she squeezed me tightly.

The next day I went to school late, I didn't bother to text anyone or hang out with anyone in lunch. Something about spending time alone was great to me. Ivy messaged me but I left her on read, I didn't have to motivation.