005

Vinnie's POV

I was a bit upset that Delilah and Enzo seemed to be all over each other, there's hardly any time for us to hang out now. He always seems too busy but I mean as long as he is happy, that's what should matter the most. I mean I can bother and force myself to hang out with Ivy.. she's alright.

I walked into my last period, making my way to the back of the room. I placed my backpack down and took my things out, giving myself time to prepare for the insane typing I was about to do. The teacher never lets you slack, she's always on your ass. And if you're not typing ..and if your break was longer than 10 seconds. She would be angry, it was pretty stupid. Sometimes I like to think and look overlook my things, she kinda understood but said it shouldn't be taking that long?

In the corner of my eye I spotted Ivy, I turned my attention towards her to see that her cheeks were a bit flustered up and she was wearing that strange smile again. Before I could answer the question that pop in my head, of course he walked in. He walked her to the her desk and smiled down at her, she was blushing even more. He wasn't even doing much, how was that even possible?

"We'll talk later" he noted, his hand then reached towards her as he moved her hair out of her face and tucked it behind her ear. My eyes widen, oh wow.. I know she's going to pass out. "Of course" she nodded and did that familiar smile, he left the room and she stared off to space for quite bit.

She was probably imagining their whole future, how gross of her. Julian was known to be a "dog" as people would say, didn't I warn her about it? Why is that females are more attractive to that thing. I would never understand, I would never make myself toxic just to pull in more girls. And the whole dating in high school is bullshit, everyone cheats and no one is serious. You're bond to be crying in a bathroom stall at 7 in the morning.

She glanced back at me and I stared at her "what do you want?" I asked "nothing, checking if you were here" she turned back around. I swear if she gets heart broken within the next week, I don't want to be the shoulder to cry on. I specifically told her, and that is her fault. She has to deal with it herself.

"Vinnie" my teacher called my name out, she wiggled her fingers in the air. Her smiled completely dropped, she then frowned before going back to work. I think it was the face I made that killed her mood because I was disgusted. She had nasty witch hands, I scoffed and went on with typing. There wasn't much to do since I was almost finished.

...

After class, Ivy decided that we needed to hang out again. I think she was starting to miss Delilah..

We got some drinks and sat in my car for a bit before doing small talk and then listen to music. Strangely enough our taste was about in the same range, also Ivy had some strange rants. She also had some interesting thoughts so it's nice to see peak of the inside of her brain.

"Tomorrow what's the mood for us?" "To finish our work, remember?" I turned, she sighed as I reminded her. It was the study day, I wasn't a huge fan of it but anything for Enzo.. he owes me so much.

"I think for one day we should have a picnic, or maybe we can have a movie day and eat a bunch of snacks" she said while staring out the window. She had a bit of a sad look in our eyes, I miss my best friend too..

"Sure" I replied "we can set that up at my house one of these days" her eyes shined "really" "yeah, it'll be cool" I shrugged.

"I'm looking forward to it, Vincent you haven't told much about yourself" she poked my arm. I rubbed it softly "yeah I have, I told you my interest-" "yeah but I wanna know funny stories about your childhood" "maybe later, I can't think of one right now.."

She faked yawned loudly into her hand "god you're so boring" she smirked "oh shut up, you eat soup for fun" "are you really not going to let that go?" "No and Im also not letting go of the fact that you're still after Julian. After what I've told you."

Her lips scrunched "hey.. I'm not after him" "Ivy, you gave him the look" I said, she gasped loudly "the look? I did not" "you did.. it's obvious now."

She smiled while looking out the window again, she shyly started to turn towards me "did.." she paused "did he give the look back?" My mouth dropped "Ivy, are you not even listening to me. The boy is bad news, and as gross as this sounds-" I paused "like thinking about what I'm about to say is making me gag but you're a smart girl . Don't let him come and ruin shit, I've seen happened before and he's going to wanna take credit for what you build after the whole mess."

"I guess you're right, well it was fun while it lasted" she shrugged, her eyes screamed sadness and a piece of me regretted telling her all that.

"I've never seen you in a relationship" she mumble "you're one to talk" I rolled my eyes "there's no good outcome when it comes to dating in high school, all everyone wants is sex and everything is a mess as always. It's gross to hear people sleeping with people and then you hear even more people sleeping with that one person."

"Damn so who hurt you?" "Ivy!" I yelled, she started to laugh "I'm joking, but aren't we excited for Christmas break?" She nudged me.

"Yeah I'm done with English class I hate it all" "ugh tell me about it.." she groan out loud.

...

I hung up my towel, throwing myself on my computer chair. I twirled in a bit before facing down to the plant Ivy had gave me, I stared at for a bit. She of course pop inside of my head and I didn't really want to think too much of her so I tossed myself onto my bed.

But it made things even worse, because now she took in all my thoughts. I was questioning on what smart girl would want a boy like that? I wasn't jealous or anything but what made him so special from the rest of the guys at our school... there's so many good options and she's choosing that one? The bar is on the floor.

But what's so hard to confessing your feelings to your crush? What's so difficult, the worst thing that could happen was rejection but you can overcome that pain. It's better than getting lead on, she was always so shy around him and her eyes did that little thing. She was now a friend of mine, and I'm debating if there's anything more I could do to stop this, but again she's grown to make her own decisions and it's none of my business.

The familiar cloud that has always followed me , finally made its way above my head. I was feeling down, it was that time again.

I think the pressure of growing was finally getting to me and of course the high expectations of my family. I wanted to make them proud but things seemed to being moving fast, I had plans but I'm worried that I won't like it.. and I'll live that miserable life everyone fears. Staying in this small town and have that having that same sad cycle of going to work and coming home to sleep and eat only to wake up the next morning and do it all over again. No thanks.