Chapter 4. Dinner with Sharp Teeth

The magenta Luciferian sky seemed almost to shine brighter upon the two resplendent demons very much enjoying their conversation mostly with the serpent taking most of the conversation the entire time while the glass darling watched the egg bois parade around them in a circle smiling softly at their circusy antics like a mother would to their children wanting attention.

"Honestly my dear Gem. You must get over the fear of automobiles, acting as if they will simply come alive and eat you. Although that would make for a great idea for an invention." Sir Pentious hummed in thought, his tongue tasting the idea.

Gem rolled her reflective eyes feeling a bit embarrassed of her simple phobia that was quickly forgotten when glancing at her interlinked arm finding her pale green skin being hued a tinted grey and from quickly using her compact mirror from her dress pocket finding that her eyes were a reflective silver. If she had met them she would believe to pass for Leviathan's distant relative. It both fascinated her and made a thought of how the outside atmosphere made her seem more deceased than she originally thought.

"What do you prefer to eat my dear?" Sir Pentious questioned leaning his head into the reflection of Gem's mirror giving a glance of his stride.

Gem closed the compact placing it back into her pocket. "My parents would always make me stuffed bell peppers filled with rice, chicken, basil, tomato sauce, and sealed with cheese. It became my favorite since how many times I bugged them after I saw it advertised when daddy would read his morning newspaper."

Sir Pentious hummed at this new information. For the fifty years, they've known each other only has Gem ever spoken of the past and nothing but the past like she had nothing else to be thinking about rarely ever speaking of her family but it was never anything to tie as a sin. He always speculated that maybe it was from an unwanted substance or domestic but Gem never brought up anything hinting to a lover simply due to how devoted she was to dance.

"Pentious, I believe this is the restaurant?" Gem questioned pointing at a red brick building with white and green lights flashing outside with a cartoonish devil mascot holding a lobster on a pitchfork.

"Yes, it is my dear. Figured you'd enjoy shellfish cuisine of shellfish. Do you like seafood?" He questioned sheepishly the hood of his cobra appearance flaring slightly while holding open the door.

Gem gave a shiny smile "If there's one thing about living in San Francisco is that you were never too far from the ocean. That and also since the back of the home was practically half beach."

Stepping inside Gem could tell by the sudden widening of the seaters eyes that the excitement had yet to wear off.

Both were generously taken to their reserved table. A rather dark restaurant that held for candlelight. The table cloth was cleanly white with newly polished silverware no doubt this place was expensive even for those rich and still living would puke when so much as glancing at the menus prices.

Brushing a piece of hair behind her ear Gem scanned across the menu not taking heed to the other patrons around them. It was always about the status and placement of who someone was in hell compared to the hierarchy of heaven. It meant nothing to Gem, she only lived what she could, never take and never tell.

"I will be getting the shrimp scampi with mineral water" Gem stated placing her menu off to the side of the table before reaching for her rolled-up silverware and placing the white wrapping on her lap for her dress to not be ruined.

Sir Pentious gave an unamused expression with his tongue making a low hiss. "Mineral water? Are you some sort of millennial now?"

Gem's eyes switched from side to side keeping her mouth closed while fiddling with her outside fangs no doubt trying to keep in her laughter "The Generation of now is called Gen Alpha not Millennial" Gem corrected fixing her poster while resting her wrists on the table "I am part of the Silent Generation and you, a great friend is part of the Lost Generation."