Chapter 10. Don't Step on Cracked Glass

One would think that old stone would have a pronounced fetidity when walking amongst its path. Echoing ping of stone ringing around with each curious step.

Reflective mirror-like hair waved as the patron surveyed the empty auditorium. A small smile across their face, finding the silence welcoming even with the occasional wooden boards creaking from outside wind or pests that have taken residence.

"This place hasn't been used in a very long time" Gem spoke to herself, hands behind her back hopping along the stage and looking out at the darkness of the dirtied and destroyed seats. Echoing the reminiscing of past cheers can be imagined of what once was.

Her smile soon fell lopsided but held no ire when observing a silhouette move amongst the caving left wall seeming to want to pass much like a child trying to hide in the back corner when wishing to sneak out of the classroom. Her pale green lips glimmered with a reflective coat of protectant quirking into a smile "I see you there."

The silhouette quickly halted, seeming to try and shrink into the wall. "I will not harm you," Gem said, holding her arms behind her back and bowing down slightly to not seem imposing. "Harming someone is the last thing I'd do."

Despite words that any being could deem honest the silhouette took the latter and sprinted back around the seat and to the back of the staging area.

Gem sighed through her nose feeling deflated in trying to not appear like other denizens "This is getting tiring" She murmured to herself walking to the back of the stage — The door hanging by its last latch — dim light from a corroding patchworked ceiling illuminating old instruments and wall drops.

"Could use some of these things for when I get my place" Gem investigated holding up a broken piece of what appeared to be a compacted mirror collecting dust. Hushed whispers echoed from the darker corners not touched by the dim light.

Gem felt no foreboding within this abandoned place — if anything she felt more solitude than fear "I can hear you. Either you come out or I just leave this place which more likely than not another person will come and find you all."

The threat while abortive brought the slightest pair of denizens child-like but twisted given their stitched mouths and bodies.

"Little stitched bodies were expecting Imp's" Gem pondered to herself before crouching down "I won't hurt you. Although this place does appear to be in disarray do you suppose you can maybe help me turn this place into what it once was?" She asked holding out a white-gloved hand careful with her claws.

The first stitch mouth to approach was hesitant but took her hand nonetheless. "Glad you agree with me."