Ch 2: Feyre

"who the fuck are you and what are you doing on my grounds!!?" he yelled.

Fenrys POV

I transformed into my white wolf and snarled at them with everything I had at the moment. They looked momentarily stunned and then asked me what I am, which was weird since every fae has an animal form. I didn't bother to answer and just continued to snarl at them.

A girl in a shimmering green and pink gown entered the room and looked at us with confusion, as if she just came for a quiet stroll and found a circus, and then she saw what I was protecting. Aelin. Her face transformed into one of horror as she ran towards her, completely ignoring me. She seemed different than the other two, kinder, so I didn't stop her when she knelt beside Aelin. She gasped in complete mortification looking at Aelin's broken and bleeding figure and honestly, I was surprised she hadn't hurled her guts on the floor yet. She looked back at the blonde and started crying.

"you need to help her! She will die like this. You need to heal her, her body is completely broken!" she pleaded with tears running down her face.
The blonde's face formed into one of love and pity. I would have growled, we didn't need anybody's pity, if Aelin wasn't behind me bleeding out and in desperate need of help.
The blonde strode forward and I snarled. He raised his hands, showing me that he wasn't a threat and I let him pass. He slowly knelt beside the girl and gently picked up Aelin. He stood up and gave me a look that clearly said 'follow me', and I did.

He walked us to the infirmary where the girl whose name I had learned was Feyre, started cleaning Aelin's wounds. I didn't bother to change back, just pounced on the bed and curled protectively around my queen, resting my head on her somewhat unmarred stomach, and closed my eyes, but not going to sleep. The men walked out leaving Feyre alone with us.

Two minutes later 5 guards entered the room and took positions across the area, earning an exasperated sigh from Feyre, which I decided to ignore but still observed the guards silently, in case they became a threat.

"don't worry they won't attack. He becomes very protective sometimes. They won't do anything unless you try to harm me." she explained.
I just nodded and went back to resting my head on Aelin's stomach, and closed my eyes.
"so what happened to her?"
I didn't bother to reply, didn't even open my eyes.
"what's her name."
I didn't answer that either, Aelin would have given a fake. I was doing one better and giving her nothing.
After some more questions, she got the hint, that I wasn't going to answer her, so she finally shut up and continued working on Aelin.

Feyre POV

The poor girl was mauled and wounded in so many places, I wouldn't have been able to tell her skin color if it wasn't for her mildly unharmed stomach, which I found a little odd. I had tried to enter her mind to gather some information about our new guest to pass on to Rhys but her mind was guarded with a wall of fire, it was so hot it somehow managed to physically burn me when I tried to move past it. The male, however....

I had tried taking the simpler route, but he blatantly ignored me, so I had to resort to other methods. His mind was protected too, not as fiercely as the girls' but the barriers still held strong. The only thing I was able to extract was why he was being so protective, more than I had ever seen a fae male be, especially of a human. She was with child.