Ch 16: Fae

Rhysand POV
While Lillian was inside getting healed from whatever happened to her, Tamlin had started yelling again. "What the hell did you do to her. She isn't your mate, stop playing with her mind!" he screeched. I was getting tired of repeating myself again and again. "He isn't controlling me, he is my mate. I love him and I am his wife." Feyre said, finally getting fed up. "and High Lady" I added. "That's not a thing." Tamlin snapped, I just rolled my eyes.

The girl, Kaltain who was too poised to be anything but noble, was standing in the corner looking out the window at the now rising sun like she hadn't seen light since a long time. My observation was interrupted by her speaking, "Feyre why don't you tell him what we did to his beloved court." she said without looking away from the window. A proud and smug grin adorned my face. Feyre had told me what they had done, and calling her my wife and mate was filling me pride even more than usual right now. "There are consequences for treating your people like they are nothing, I just reaped the benefits out of it. Nothing much." she said, torturing him and making me chuckle down the bond.

"What does that mean?" He asked, his face almost exploding with anger. "Nothing. Just that your soldiers are organizing a coup, your people are refusing to pay anymore money for your food, and your allies' niece and nephew are ash. Also your trusted priestess is crushing her wrist with a rock right now." Feyre said, making Tamlin's face go white. "I think its safe to say that you won't be able to take Lillian and Sam back with you, am I right?" Feyre asked twirling a knife in her hands, giving off court of nightmares vibes'.

Tamlin didn't say a thing, just winnowed away to his court to check the damage I assume.

-----------------------------------------

Fenrys POV
Aelin and the healer stepped out five minutes later, and I could smell salt, so I sneered at the healer. Aelin just put a hand on my chest telling me to back off. "They are happy tears" she said catching on to the reason for my reaction and pulled me by my hand back towards the meeting room. "Helion. Is everything okay?" Rhysand asked the second we entered, and the healer nodded his yes.

The woman that Aelin called Kaltain stepped away from the window she was standing at and strode towards us. "When are we leaving?" she asked while walking, the question obviously directed to Rhysand. "Right now." he said before he grabbed Feyre's hand, who held onto Aelin, me and Kaltain. Mor doing the same to Cassian and Azriel, before we all fell into the darkness.

Azriel POV
We arrived in the dining room of the house of wind to meet Amren and discuss the meeting but we were met with three strangers and Amren sitting at the table lost in their own universes. The second Amren saw us she ran and uncharacteristically hugged Feyre, as if she cared.

"Aelin." someone whispered and we all turned our heads in their direction. Lillian didn't waste a second before running straight into the human girl who had said that name. "How are you here?" she asked, "The Little Folk" the girl answered. Lillian broke the hug and ran towards the two other males, one of which was fae.

"We have to tell you something." said the human male, the shadows seeming to pull towards him as if coddling a lost, sad friend. "What is it?" Lillian asked, the smile never leaving her face. I don't understand why they were calling her Aelin but I decided not to interrupt. Sam suddenly stepped out of the crowd of the court and to Lillian's friends. "Fenrys" the human girl cried before she hugged him, not as ferociously, but with just as much relief. "Hello Elide." responded Sam.

"Aelin. Rowan is with Maeve, she has him." said the human male. "I know that" said Lillian, her eyes seemingly gaining a faraway look. "We left him there, he asked us to come save you and leave him there." he continued. Lillian looked right into his eyes and pure fury seemed to overtake her while his companions, the girl and fae, seemed to glare at him for his blunt approach. The girl stepped forward, and rested a hand on Lillian's shoulder. "There's more." she said and Lillian's head snapped towards her. "She... is valg. Her blood, we saw it when Gavriel nicked her on the cheek." she said, sadness and tears brimming in her eyes. She suddenly pulled her hand away from Lillian's shoulder, a whimper escaping her lips.

"Get them out. Move away. Right now." Lillian said and turned towards Sam, which is when we saw her eyes, which seemed to be on fire. The usually subtle golden ring in her eyes had turned into molten lava, giving her a dangerous aura of someone consumed with rage. "Get them out." she said again and closed her eyes, her skin slowly starting to glow. Before Sam could move and do anything Rhys lashed out with his darkness and bound him with chains made of shadows. "What is happening. I have had enough of you both hiding things, we are trying to help you!" he shouted, looking at a now glowing Lillian. Suddenly, everything went white, heat- white hot searing heat threatened to break my skin, but the pain never came. I opened my eyes that had instinctively closed and saw something I was not expecting.

Aelin was nowhere in sight, just fire. All I could see was fire. A shield of death seemed to protect me, but it was breaking, slightly and slowly it was breaking, so I added my power into it. The fire was for some reason in a contained globe, staying in its boundaries as if someone was controlling it. It burnt for a minute longer, the only reason my face isn't burnt up because of the eerie shield that sent chills up my spine like death was dancing right infront of me.

When the fire stopped, there stood a naked Lillian who was on her knees, panting, her eyes thankfully back to their own colour and her ears slightly peeking out from behind her blonde hair. They were pointed. She wasn't human....fae.