Ch 19: Half truth

"My name isn't Lillian." she started, and I took a seat right there on the floor, Lillian following my lead."

Aelin POV

I couldn't tell him I was queen, that would give too much away, so I stuck with Celaena, because telling that story won't be a complete lie. "Its Celaena....Sardothien" I continued. He looked at me for a moment, probably trying to figure out if I was lying or not. "I am not of this world, and neither are my companions. My mother, Evalin, was an Ashryver and married to my father which resulted in me, a demi fae since my father was not completely fae. Every fae in my world has an animal form, like Sam has a white wolf, but I have a human." I finished, looking up at him trying to gouge his reaction.

"How did you come to this world?" he asked. Maeve was too much sensitive information that he didn't need and so, "My husband is a general in a very powerful army, led by a Queen that my captor hates. Someone took me from my house while my husband was away to get information on my captor and the dark Queen as he is her right hand." I explained, not entirely telling a lie. "Sam found me, and he had brought the little folk, which are tiny ancient fae creatures that have very powerful magic, but they don't interfere unless nature requires them to guide someone. They sent us here through a portal before me or Sam could do anything." I finished. After a moment he nodded as if saying 'ok, I understand'.

"So what relation do we have to each other? We both had Ashryver mothers" he asked and a deep sigh escaped my lips. Things were going to change after this, a lot.

"We both had the same Ashryver mother." I said, looking down at my feet while saying so. For a moment, nothing happened and then, "What?" came from Rhysand, a voice barely void of emotion. "As far as I have gathered by now, she was attacked by someone in this world, her other daughter didn't make it despite her efforts, and so she had to leave. Someone from this world helped her, cut her wings and sent her to my world, the only other place where Ashryver's existed. Those people altered the memories of the people in my world, to make them think my mother was always there." I explained, still not looking up.

"I, um, I have to go" he stuttered out before the room opened and he was gone.

Rhysand POV

I didn't believe her. She was lying. It couldn't be, because that would mean that my mother chose her over me, left me alone with that petty excuse for a father and started another family.

I had decided against going to down to meet everyone, too much information in my head, and flown out of the next window I could find. The only person I knew that had all the answers and wouldn't lie about them was sitting in a mountain prison waiting for a bone.

---------------------------------------------

Sorry for the short chapter. A long one is coming soon ;)