Ch 3: To honour a new home

Aelin POV

I woke up with a giant wolf's head on my stomach. It's eyes opened just as I realized who that was. Three blinks from him were my confirmation. I just nodded and signalled him to get off.

"We would like you both to join us for dinner, I'll show you the wardrobe and you can get dressed, and I have a feeling that he is going to stay a wolf. If not we have clothes for you too." A girl in a green and pink gown said. I hadn't even realised someone had entered the room which just showed how rusty I was getting.

I nodded and slowly got up, with a little steadying from the bed frame since the lack of pain took me a little by surprise. "Yeah, you were pretty badly injured. We healed you"
The woman answered my silent question that was plastered on my face as surprise. 'You were injured' was a nice way to put it. I would have snorted but I wasn't that rusty.

I had a feeling that 'Aelin' would need to remain hidden for the time being.
A cover it is then, and though hiding my identity again resurfaced some unwanted memories, a part of me was grinning, finally getting to be a girl unknown. The girl with no world ending burdens on her shoulder. I had a feeling in my gut that damsel in distress would buy me more time than the assassin with the 'fuck you' attitude.

"Come I'll show you to the dresses" and with that she led me out the room and into another.

Feyre POV

After showing the girl to the dressing room where some dresses were laid out, I walked back to the room. I needed to have a chat with the fae that could turn into a wolf, who's name I still don't know.
When I entered the room, I saw a ridiculously beautiful male lying on the bed, which was previously occupied by the girl. I think Rhys finally has some competition in the looks department.

"You found out didn't you. I would sense your kind from a mile away, but my distress left a crack in my shield. Don't ever try to enter again, or we're going to have a problem." If Tamlin would have been here, the male would probably be dead by now for speaking to me like that, but I understood. It was a violation of his privacy, but even he knew that he would have done the same thing if he was in my place, it showed in his eyes, but I was still a little bewildered by his claim to recognize fae with powers like mine and Rhys's. Why would he say that?
I nodded my head, answering both his questions.

He sighed, closing his eyes, and at that moment I saw the utter exhaustion and pain he was in. I knew that look, Rhys had it when he came to my jail cell under the mountain. "Please don't tell her. She doesn't know. She doesn't need to worry about someone else right now. Please. Atleast until she realizes herself."
I nodded my head in understanding but, "You look a little too calm about the fact that a human is pregnant with your child. You are a fae, are you not?" I asked, my curiousity getting the better of me.

"Yes I am fae, but that is not my child. Her and her husband were separated two months ago. She will start showing in another month, just let her be till then."
I was a little shocked by the revelation. If it wasn't his child then why was he being so protective. No matter how much I hated all the racist bullshit, it was still there.
"Then why are you protecting a human?"
He looked at me for a moment, as if he couldn't understand why I would even ask him such a question, which had me even more confused. "She saved my life, gave me something to believe in, someone to believe in, she was there for me when I needed someone desperately. She is like a sister to me, I will protect her with my life."

He didn't stop looking at me throughout the whole explanation, probably trying to gouge my reaction.
I understood what he was saying, Rhys and the rest of the inner circle had done the same thing for me that the human had done for him. I gave him a small smile, which he didn't return. His eyes gained this faraway look, like he was re-living a memory.
"I can give you something to wear for dinner"
He nodded his appreciation and followed me to the servant's quarters.

Fenrys POV
I changed into a green suit with a silver lining. Aelin had told me they were the colours of Terrasen, and I wanted to honour the place that would hopefully one day be my home. When I walked out of the room, I was greeted by Feyre who had changed into a light red, bordering on orange, gown that was a little deep cut. She looked at me with acknowlegement and said I looked good when Aelin stepped out. Feyre wasn't able to remove the scars, just stop the bleeding when we had arrived, and now the scars were already imprinted so it was too late, but she looked absolutely stunning.

She was wearing a gown that was silver on the top which faded into a pine green. Her hair was french braided at the top and was falling free at the bottom. Despite her scar filled back and haunted eyes, her fire still shone, the turquoise ringed with her wildfire that was somehow visible and just as striking even when she was human.

Feyre also seemed to agree that the dress looked stunning, as she said as much. The love and worry filled look told me why she was wearing this. Not just for her country but for Rowan. My eyes shone with understanding and she gave me a small smile.

Feyre motioned forward, telling us to follow her, while she guided us to the dining room.
When we arrived, Feyre reached out her hands and pushed the giant doors open. What we say was a sight for sore eyes. We were met by a livid blonde who sat at the head of the table along with a wary redhead.

"Time for an explanation" growled the blonde, and I heard a 'oh lord' muttered under her breathe from Feyre which immediately made me hesitant, but I walked in and took my seat, beside Aelin.