Peppermint part 3

@Pandacorn10000

1 week later

Peter slowly opened his eyes and looked around. The smell of chemicals and blinding white light immediately told him that he was in the med-bay. He looked down at his arms to see welts and irritation all up his arms that were resting against a blanket. Peter could see the outline of his legs from underneath the blanket but, couldn't feel them very well. Peter slowly flexed his fingers only to but down on his lip in pain.

"Mmph" Was all of his scream that was let through.

Peter couldn't remember what happened. It looked as if he had third degree burns up and down the top half of his body.

"H-hello" Peter croaked out of his soar throat. "Friday?"

"I have already alerted Mr.Stark that you are awake Peter" Friday said softly to not frighten the boy knowing that he is disoriented.

Peter laid there calmly trying not to move at all. It might have been minutes but it felt like hours to Peter before Tony burst through the door.

"Peter!" Tony said relief evident in his voice. "Thank goodness you're awake."

"Hey. What happened?" Peter questioned Tony slowly moving his arms to reach out for him.

Tony took Peters hands softly. "Well Pete..." Tony starts taking a pause to figure out how to tell him. "Pete do you remember the prank war we did?"

"The one yesterday ya. Why?"

"Oh no Pete that was last week. You've been asleep for almost seven days now." Tony looked at Peter with sympathy.

"What!" Peter exclaimed.

"Do you want me to continue?" Peter quickly shook his head yes curious. "Well Clint and Bucky decided to pull a prank on you that included a lot of peppermint."

"Oh."

"Oh? That's all you have to say! Peter you almost died and all you can do is oh? Be mad at them they could've killed you!"

"But Mr.Staaarrkkkk. I can't be mad at them. They didn't know." Peter said pouting slightly.

"Ugh. Kid sometimes you're too nice." Tony said rubbing his forehead as if this conversation had started to wear him down.

"PETER!" Pepper bursted into the room. "Oh thank goodness you're okay." She said rushing over to him and bringing him into a hug.

"Hi Pepper." Peter said leaning in to the hug. Thankful for some comfort.

"Hi sweetheart. How are you feeling?" Pepper asked.

"I'm feeling better Pepper. When will I be able to leave?" Peter wondered.

"I think you'll be able to leave in around two days since you're healing relatively quickly."

"Pete. The team wants to come and see you but, if you're too tired to do that it's fine. I'm sure Happy would be ecstatic to keep them away after what happened." Tony said putting his hand on Peters shoulder.

"Ya. I would like to see them please." Peter said with excitement.

"Okay I'll text them. Stay here." Tony said standing up and walking to the door.

"I can't exactly move. Where would I go?" Peter sniped.

"Brat." Tony said fondly walking into the hallway closing the door behind him.

"You know Pete you really scared us. I thought that you weren't going to make it." Pepper said her eyes welling up with tears.

"I'm sorry Pepper."

"Oh honey. No it's not your fault at all, don't apologize. It's those boys fault for doing that to you." Pepper said spitting out boys like it's a curse.

The door started opening slowly showing all of the avengers standing there looking nervous.

"Peter." Bucky started.

"We're so sorry Peter. This wasn't supposed to happen." Clint continued almost begging Peter to believe him. "All it was supposed to do was make you itchy not this." He gestured to the machines.

"Ya Pete. I'm so sorry this happened. I should've stopped it and researched more about what it could've done to you." Bucky said guilt evident in his eyes.

"It's okay guys. What we're you going to research? Do human spiders get affected by peppermint?" Peter said joking around. "Now will you come in. It's so awkward looking at you all standing in the doorway."

The avengers chuckled filing into the room. They started sitting down into the chairs surrounding the bed relaxing knowing that Peter wasn't mad.

"Okay I think we can all agree no more prank wars? Maybe we can do like paintball or something?" Peter questioned smiling.

"Ya that seems like a better idea Pete." Tony said.

"Speaking of prank wars... who won Bruce?" Clint questioned turning towards him.

"CLINT" Natasha said hitting his arm.

"What! I'm curious." He whined.

"Well to answer Clint's question. Peter actually won." He stated.

"WHAT?!?" Clint exclaimed. "How did a kid win against us!"

"I guess I'm just a better pranked than you Clint." Peter said shrugging slightly.

"Okay. I think that's enough for today. I want to stop this conversation before it turns into an all out war." Pepper interrupted. "Now everyone out. Let Peter sleep he's still healing."

Pepper started ushering them out the door as they grumbled how they just got there. Once they were all out the door Pepper popped in her head one last time.

"Goodnight Peter." She said lovingly.

"Night Mom." Peter said settling into the bed more.

"Hey mom." He said sleepily.

"Yes Peter."

"Will you tell dad goodnight too please." He asked barely keeping his eyes open.

"I will Pete. I will." She said finally closing the door.

Pepper POV

"Hey Friday? Please tell me you have a video of that. Tony's not going to believe me that Peter called me his mom before he called Tony his dad." Pepper said with excitement in her voice.

"I did indeed get that on tape Miss. Would you like me to send it to your personal computer?"

"Yes please Fri. Also go get the adoption papers ready I have a feeling we'll need them after Tones sees that video." Pepper said walking farther down the hallway.

"Of course Miss." Friday answered.

Narrators POV

And that is how the Prank Wars ended, but don't leave just yet. I'm still curious on what happens with paintball. ;)

____________________________________
Hi everyone,

Okay yes I'll admit I'm a day late but, I was busy doing school things so I have an excuse. This is the first edition of the writing binge. I hope you all enjoyed it.

Also. Thank you everyone for 102k. If you like my work star them were almost at 2k and who knows something special might happen when we hit it.

Remember to stay safe everyone,

❤️❤️
Author