Coming home

I know I'm a day off but in still want to write something for Veterans Day so here it is.

MJ's POV

It's been twelve months and two weeks or a year and fourteen days since my secret boyfriend of four years  Peter Benjamin Parker went into the army.

We both decided on not telling his family because we are young and they didn't like me that much. Well Natasha did but Steve didn't and neither did Tony Stark.

Peter has gone into special ops and spent grueling hours and days training for missions. He's so brave and I'm so happy to have him in my life. He's my everything even if I don't say it. Being away from him has taken its toll on me but I can't wait for later today because my mother is going to visit from Italy which is where she moved to after Peter and I got together.

It's currently 10 am so I have 3 hours until I have to get her from the airport.

Three hours later

I'm just grabbing my bag and keys when I notice that I had five new messages. I pass them off and put my phone in my pocket.

I race to the airport. It's been a long time since I've seen my mom and I can't wait. I quickly park the car and race into the airport. I start looking around at the gates trying to find the one that my mom told me she was coming off of. When I found it I noticed that the Avengers were there too. Huh weird. 

They all look really excited but I wonder who they're waiting for. Never mind that I get to see my mom!!!!!!!

People start coming out of the gate so I start looking for my mom. People are hugging each other all around me but I still don't see her. Suddenly I see my mom walk around the corner. I start walking up to her with people clearing out of the way until I notice who's behind her.

"Peter." I screamed and ran up to him jumping on him while he twirled me around. People around us all 'awwed' when he set me down and brought me into a deep kiss. Dipping me down in his arms and for the first time in a very long time I felt right at home. Until I noticed that the Avengers were walking up to us.

"Son." Tony said shedding some happy tears.

"Dad." Peter said hugging him.

"Dad, Avengers, I'd like for you to meet my girlfriend MJ." Peter said looking at me with love in his eyes. "She's the love of my life and an amazing person. She is what keeps me going forward and sets me upright when I fall. She is the flame that keeps me going and who I am going to marry."

"MJ," he said going down on one knee. "I can't promise you money, fame, a good living place, I can't even promise to you food on the table each night. And even though I can't promise you those things I will always try to give you the world. But if I can't I promise you that I'll be with you till the end of the line, to fill our lives with happiness, and always help you whenever you need it. So Michelle Jones will you marry me?"

"Oh Peter..." I said with tears in my eyes like my mom and the avengers.

"Of course I will."

Peter scooped me up into a kiss and swung me around in circles.

"I love you."
———————————————————————————

Thank you for your service Veterans. Even though it might not be a holiday celebrating Veterans always say thank you to them because they help us.
Thank you
Lots of love,
Author