A favor

When Tony first met Captain America he was in awe. His childhood hero was standing right in front of him, the man that his father talked about as if he was God. Steve was everything Tony strived to be. Perfect at least in Howard's eyes he was. No matter how hard Tony worked in the lab or how many designs he made for Howard it was never enough.

That's why when the Captain looked at him with such disgust it blew a hole through Tony's self esteem. He just blacked out protecting himself from further disappointment, insulting Steve with every breath he had. It was strange thinking back on it, Steve had never apologized for insulting him but, Tony apologized profusely and offered them all to stay in the tower. He even renamed it Avengers Tower for them! Tony thought that they were all thick as thieves and that nothing could bring them down.... Until the accords happened.

"MR STARK! MR STARK! IS IT TRUE THAT THE AVENGERS ARE FIGHTING OVER THE ACCORDS?" A reporter shouts pushing his way through the crowd.

"Mr Stark! Will Hawkeye come back to sign the accords?"

"No, he's retired he will have no need to sign unless he wants to come out of retirement. But I here he's very happy where he is so I highly doubt we will even here from him over them." Tony answered smiling thinking of his old teammate.

Finally there were enough guards to let Tony walk through to the tower.

"Well that was an adventure." Tony sighs. He walks to the elevator grabbing his phone from his pocket.

"Friday. Common room please." He says still looking at his phone.

"Tony we need to talk." Steve's voice echoed through the room as the elevator opened.

"About what popsicle?" Tony asks.

"Tony. You can't possibly agree with the accords they're just the government agenda!"

"First of all, yes I do agree and second of all they are not the governments-" Steve's phone chimes interrupting Tony.

"Tony I need to go." Steve says.

"You're not allowed to just leave this conversation it's important that you fully understand the Accords." Tony argues annoyed that Steve started the conversation but is leaving immediately.

"Tony, Peggy's funeral is in an hour just try to distract the team while I'm gone. I don't want them to think that I just ditched then. Please."

"Alright Steve I'll do it." Tony relents.

"Thank you Tony. I owe you one. " Steve grabs his coat and outs on his shoes.

"No worries. Even if we disagree about things I'll always help you Steve." Tony says as Steve heads for the elevator.

"I'll see you later Tony." Steve replies as the elevator doors close.

That was the last time Tony and Steve had a civil conversation and that was months ago. Now Tony is on his way to go help two wanted criminals with taking down a bunch of evil super soldiers sooooo excited.

*movie scene*

*months later*

"Hey Tones. What's that?" Rhodey said seeing Tony sitting in a chair looking at a old phone.

"Something Rogers sent to me. Sent me a letter too."

"What did he want?"

"I don't know something about if I ever needed help that he'd always be there." Tony said tossing it in the trash.

"Don't you want to keep that?"

"No. Whatever help he thought he could give me he can't. I have no need for it anymore."

"Okay Tones. That's fair." Rhodes replied. "Hey Pepper and I were thinking about ordering some food do you want some?"

"I'm not that hungry I'll grab some food later." Tony turned towards his projects pulling up designs.

"Alright well I'm going to go get some food. Be back in a bit." Rhodes said walking out of the room.

"Sir. Sir." Friday said trying to get his attention. "Sir?"

"What is it Fri?" Tony asked exasperated.

"The phone is ringing Sir."

"Phone? What phone?" Tony asked as he finally heard it. The ringing from the phone Rogers gave him. He slowly went over to it grabbing it from the trash can.

"Hello?" Tony said answering the phone.

"Tony." Steve's voice rang through the speaker. "I saw that the phone arrived but you didn't call me I worried that you didn't see it or something."

"I saw it Rogers I just didn't care about it."

"What? Tony come on. I have you a way to contact us to help you and us get better so we could be a team again."

"Rogers I don't want to be a team again okay? Now leave me alone and don't call again it'd be a waste of your time."

"Come on Tony I need your help just as much as you need ours."

"No Rogers! I don't need your help and besides I would never help you anyway!" Tony replied getting annoyed at the conversation already.

"What happened to the guy who said he would always help me huh! Now you're just some bitter man who can't get past his own ego."

"You want to know what happened Steve!" Tony said. "He got a shield slammed into his chest by a man who he thought he could trust he died Steve and he won't be coming back to help the you people!"

"Come on Tony! Let me make it up to you." Steve pleaded.

"You can't make it up to me but you know what I can do. I'm cashing in that favor you owe me Steven. Turn yourselves in and deal with the consequences of your own actions." Tony said hanging up the phone, crushing it and throwing it back into the bin.

"Did you get the signal Friday?" He called out.

"Yes sir. They're somewhere in Wakanda." Friday responded.

"Perfect send that off to the Accords council please. I don't feel like dealing with them anymore." With that Tony walked out of the workshop and went to go spend time with his real family and the people who have actually helped him.

The end

____________________________________

Ayo.

Thank you for reading this one shot. Definitely not my best work but I'm trying to get back into it again. Hope you enjoyed.

Stay safe everyone.

Author
❤️❤️