Ch 10: The day arrives

3 days later: Fight day

Atlas auditorium was filling in with seats to what might be the most anticipated bout of the school year: A doubles ranked match, with the Rookie: (Y/n) Yuusha. The fastest woman on the planet: Harriet Bree. The infamous Turquoise Shell, and the Titan Captain Winter Schnee. The crowd was roaring with hype and the arena was exploding with pyrotechnics as if the The Vytal Festival may have started early. General Ironwood was the officiate for the battle ahead which earns him shouts and whistles from his admirers.

Elsewhere in the mens locker room you were getting ready for the most nail bitter of your life. Never in your life did you ever think this would happen. As you ready Crimson Chimera and Crimson Fang, along with your 'secret weapon' from an anonymous source, you're were just about ready for a brawl.

Similarly in the girls locker room, the leading ladies were suiting up for battle. With each combatant on the farthest side of each other. Turquoise sachets over to Harriet mocking and taunting her all the while.

Turquoise: "I have to say Hare: this has to be the best way to completely finish you off. Than everyone will know that I, Turquoise Shell is the rightful Ace-Op of this Academy and the next".

Harriet didn't respond to the taunt only fixing her attire and grabbing her lucky charm giving it a kiss hoping that she can at least survive long enough for her plan to work. She walks away from Turquoise and passed Winter with a stoic look as she walks by. Winter with an ever present smirk on her face gets her weapon readied at her side. After a few adjustments, she and Turquoise walk behind her as the roar of the audience gets louder.

Just before you could get to the arena, you hear a familiar voice call out to you.

???: "Well, well, well. Looks like my own son is about to step into the Lions den with Chimera and Fang in tow"!

The man greets you with a hearty laugh. It was your father: Axel Yuusha, aka the retired Brawling Bandit.

Y/n: "Dad! You made it"!

The two of you meet each other with mighty bear hugs. Squeezing the life out of one another until you gave up. You may give the best hugs, but nobody out hugs your old man. The 6'7 tall muscular man may look intimidating, but he's such a sweet heart, one of the reasons your late mother loved him so much.

Axel: "I heard from Headmaster Ironwood about your situation. Don't worry. Win or lose I'm proud of you son".

Y/n: "Thanks Dad. I promise, that I'll give it my all"!

You two hug it out once more before you beeline it for the arena. Once you make to the auditorium stage with the ladies meeting just to the right of you. Harriet meets you with a smile, yet Winter greets you with her trademark stoic expression while smirking at you. You look back at her with a confident glare trying to hide how nervous you are. With a look surprise Turquoise can see that her mother was in attendance with many others. She gracefully waves at her parent as well as the masses. Harriet can see her parents are in the stands too. She looks to them and gives a wave to her folks, she also spots her teammates with each giving her, and Yuusha cheers and well wishes.

You see your father next to the Ace-Ops cheering you on as loud and wild as he can over those who're booing and casting jeers at you. You didn't want to pay attention to the hecklers, but Brine and a few of his classmates made it difficult.

Brine: "Alright everyone listen up! When I Yuusha, you say blows. YUUSHA"!

Hecklers: "BLOWS"!

Brine: "YUUSHA"!

Hecklers: "BLOWS"!

Clover: "Yeah! Just like your Ex, Brine"!

The crowd erupted with cackles and laughter from the other Ace-Ops, Harriet's parents, Axel Yuusha, and Clovers Fan club the Four Leafs. Ironwood couldn't help but smile at that display of immaturity, it reminded him of his trainee years. Regaining his composure, he calls forth the four combatants to the center.

All four of you line up and at attention to Ironwood. He gives the run down on the doubles match and how I works. Just like all other match types: this one also runs under the elimination rule. Whomever get their aura depleted, or is thrown outside the ring is eliminated from the rest of the match. K.O's don't count unless the combatants' aura is drained completely. Any of the aura remaining in either caution or danger territory and the combatant is knocked out, it doesn't count as an elimination.

Ironwood: "Now for the stipulations in play for the match: Should Harriet Bree, and (Y/n) Yuusha triumph in the match, (Y/n) will be admitted to join the Titans and train under Winter Schnee. And should they lose...It comes with a heavy heart to say, but (Y/n) will be expelled from this Academy for a whole year".

With collective gasps from the audience including your father just now hearing what's at stake. Ironwood didn't tell him for fear that Axel might get involved. He stands up and screamed as loud as he could to rile you up.

Axel: Come on (Y/n)! You can win it! I have faith you can win this whole thing! Show them what the name Yuusha represents son"!

Clover clapped at the devotion a father has for his son, so much so he stood up and continued to clap for the man. His teammates and fan club do the same. You were taken aback by this. Those may be for your father but you can feel the are also clapping for you.

Turquoise: "Aw how cute. Daddy dearest loves his son so much he wants to see him win. As beautiful as that is, this is reality. Your father is going to see you lose...horribly".

Harriet: "Shut it Turtle. At least his father won't abandon him if he loses. Unlike your father Jasper Shell".

Winter: "You're the last person to talk about someone's family drama Bree. If I recall, didn't you mother divorced your biological father after he failed to apply for the military, and she remarried an Atlesian Captain"?

Harriet: "My mother may have divorced my real dad, but I'm surprised your mom kept yours around".

Winter: Why you lit-"!

Ironwood: "Ahem! Ladies fight it out, not talk it out. Is that clear"?

You were just the fourth wheel in this whole situation, But nobody knew you mom died aside from General Ironwood. Winter leans down to your view getting in you face again. This is the second she got up close since the assembly.

Winter: "Good luck...(Y/n) You're gonna need it".

She rubs her finger under your chin, much to Harriet's dismay. She sachets away from you two with a notable sway in her step. You were mesmerized by Winters walk until Harriet grabs your face and pulls it to her direction.

Harriet: " Don't let her psych you out! She trying to get in your head Yuusha! Don't fall for it"!

Y/n: "Ok I won't. Plus I like your ass better anyway. I like the way it moves".

Harriet began to blush deep crimson after you told her you liked her ass. Without warning, she slugs you in the gut for the compliment she just received. Winter heard, and was none too happy either. She and Turquoise got to their side of the center field, you while holding you stomach walks tenderly towards your battle position with Harriet close behind. The crowd erupts with anticipation and shouted Fight repeatedly as a signal for Ironwood to start the match.

Ironwood: "Good luck! And my the best team win"!

Everyone gets into their battle stances as the gong is about to ring and General Ironwood begins the call.

Gong

Ironwood: "BEGIN"!

All four combatants charge in with each weapon drawn, or is about to be drawn shouting at each other ready to collide, the sparks fly as each weapon clashes.

Y/n: "I will win"!

To be continued