Chapter 6

"Finally! After all these long years of waiting, you're actually here! Brother!", Stan said happily and walked forward to the mysterious man.

Instead of hugging him like I thought, the man punched him in the face. I slightly flinched.
"Oh! Ow! What the heck was that for?", Stan asked him, also taken back.

"This was an insanely risky move: restarting the portal! Didn't you read my warnings?!", the man, who just got out of the portal, said.

"Warnings, schmarnings. How's about maybe a thanks for saving you from what appears to be, I don't know, some kind of sci-fi sideburn dimension?", Stan replied.

"Thank you? You really think I'm gonna thank you after what you DID THIRTY YEARS AGO?!", he yelled. I don't think he noticed us yet...

"What I did? Why, you ungrateful... Don't expect me to go easy on you, just because you're... family.", he said but the man slammed him onto the ground.
I looked at Mabel shocked and she nodded her head. She doesn't want to do what I think she's about to do, or?...

"Hey, hi. Mabel here. Quick question: WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON HERE?!", she asked.
If this wasn't a serious situation, I would have laughed. But I seriously want to know what's up too.

"Stan, you didn't tell me there were children down here. And some sort of large, hairless gopher?", Stan's brother said, looking at us. His eyes rested on me for a second. Or I just imagined that. I don't know. My brain is still kind of shattered right now.

"Heh heh. I get that a lot.", Soos laughed.

"They're your family, Poindexter. Shermie's grandkids.", Stan explained. I coughed quietly so Stan could point out his mistake.
"Oh and her, of course. Sorry, Y/N. She's... a friend."
I nodded but kinda cringed at the last part. Couldn't he just say a friend of Mabel?

"I-I have a niece and nephew?", his brother said and shook Mabel's hand. "Greetings. Do kids still say greetings? I haven't been in this dimension for a really long time."

I was absolutely stunned. He must be gone for a real long time, huh. This poor man. I wonder what happened to him and Stan. It looks like they had a rough time.

"Whoa, a six-fingered handshake? It's a full finger friendlier than normal!", Mabel grinned.
"Heha, I like this kid. She's weird.", He said which made me giggle. No one can escape Mabel.

"I-I can't believe it. You're the author of the journals! Y/N, this is awesome!", Dipper suddenly entered the conversation. He shortly looked at me but mostly at the man in front of him.

"You've read my journals?", he asked kind of shocked.

"We both did. It's amazing! Me and Dipper... have... a lot of questions...", I said confident at the start but began to feel sick as he suddenly looked at me.

"I haven't just read them; I've lived them!", Dipper said, walking in circles.
"Oooooohhh I think I'm gonna throw up."

Mabel came over to him.
"Hmmpf! No-no, false alarm. Hmmpf! Just gotta ride it out!", Dipper went on.

"Listen, there'll be time for introductions later. But first, tell me, Stan: are there any security breaches? Does anyone else know about this portal?", The author turned to Stan again.

"No, just us. Also maybe the entire U.S. government.", Stan said and shrugged.
"The what?!", Ford yelled.

Ford sighed. "Okay. It's all right. We've got a while before they find this room. We just need to lay low and think of a plan."

"Well, it looks like we're stuck down here for a while. Who wants to tell us their entire mysterious backstory?", Mabel asked, truly interested.

"Yes, I have some questions about this myself, Stanley.", he said.