Chapter 3

HAPPY READING

She didn't intend on eavesdropping, at first. She had busily followed after him in the same direction until he stopped.

'How in the world do I start this conversation?'

Her mind felt like it was stuck in a black hole as she imagined a dark future. She had neglected to prepare for this moment because she had been so fervently trying to simply meet him in person. However, her feet were already moving in his direction. When she discovered him, Lisa paused her steps and hesitated. Just then, she had lost her chance to another woman.

She was already much too close to leave. She was afraid of being discovered, so she crouched down behind a tall clump of grass. She didn't want to listen to their conversation, but she couldn't help hearing them due to such a close proximity.

'Lady Lawrence...? Is she... Yoonjung Lawrence...?'

Yoonjung was famous inside of Lisa's dream. Lisa didn't have any friendly ties with her, but Lisa had seen her a handful of times. There were many beauties in high society, but Yoonjung had reached the pinnacle among them all. If one were to use a comparison to nature's food chain, she would be among the top predators.

'Yoonjung Lawrence... was his ex-lover?'

Lisa was already aware he had numerous lovers. To make it worse, he switched partners frequently without hesitation. Every partner of his had breasts as big as watermelons, waists as thin as ants, wrapped up with a glamorous face. If one had to pick out a common trait among them all, it had to be that they were all beautiful morons. All the females had been nearly identical to one another, so Lisa had assumed this was his own preference when it came to women.

But Yoonjung Lawrence was different. Yoonjung was like a bouquet of white lilies. She had a grand beauty that stood out, even when she was among many other beauties. Her father, a baron, took importance in educating his children, so she was known to be a refined and modest young miss.

'She's not modest at all. She's a wolf in disguise.'

A marquis had fallen in love with her beauty and Yoonjung had already been married by the time Lisa was actively going around attending parties of high society. The marquis was a widower, but as a daughter of a baron, it would be a suitable marriage. In the distant future, Yoonjung would die giving birth to a stillborn. Lisa felt odd for some reason.

'She's clinging to him so desperately.'

Yoonjung, a glamorous young miss, had thrown away all her pride and begged. Listening to her words, Lisa felt such pity.

He's not the only man in this world, you know? Lisa wanted to tell her. But if Yoonjung insisted that there was only one 'Jungkook Taran' in this world, Lisa would be helpless and could only keep quiet.

Lisa would never have guessed that she would be able to witness his dating style in such plain view. To top it off, at the worst moment possible.

'Haa... but still. To think he would be a man who would threaten death to an ex-lover...'