Chapter 29

HAPPY READING

"Young master, I am Ashin, the administrative secretary. Do you remember me?"

Soobin briefly looked up and down at Ashin before giving him a stiff nod and entering the carriage. His coldness is not inferior to his father's.

'This is why they say you can't feign blood...'

Perhaps the Duke was just like this when he was a child. With his black hair and red eyes, Soobin was a miniature Taran Duke. There was probably no need to use the royal family's magical treasure to determine his ancestry.

No one would be able to say that the little lord was not of the Taran Duke's blood.

'Whew...this is just my fate.'

He hated long-distance trips. He would be extremely satisfied if all he had to do was routinely go back and forth between Roam and the house. He couldn't help but sigh when he thought about having to sit next to that dreary little kid for a long time.

"I see you've been healthy and comfortable in the meantime. You've grown a lot, I almost didn't recognize you."

Ashim spoke amiably in a bland effort to elevate the mood. It wasn't something he usually did but he didn't want to be taken as a thug and Ashin found the little Taran duke that looked exactly like the Taran Duke whom he knew as the scariest man in the world, to be extremely prickly.

Also, it was the truth that he almost didn't recognize him.

'Whew...what eight year old is like this? He looks like he could be three to four years older. My nephew is ten years old but even he is smaller than our little lord.'

Even when the little lord was six years old, he had a burly physique so there were already signs of it back then.

Just like how a fox and a tiger were of different sizes.

'If he keeps growing like this, won't he end up with a huge frame? Completely different from what's on paper.'

"...what is it?"

"Huh?"

Ashin felt pleased with himself as the mouth of the little lord had finally opened.

"You know with your rank, you didn't have to pick me up personally."

"Ha...ha-ha."

Right. Someone of his status usually wouldn't have to. Although he didn't think those words were something that would have come out of an eight year old's mouth.

'Let's put aside him remembering me... he remembers my rank?'

The Taran Duke's bloodline must have something different. When he thought of it that way, he felt it was unfair and could also understand.

Even the current Taran Duke was like that. As a knight and as one of the best, his brain was excellent.

'The world is originally unfair.'

He realized this the day his childish innocence was broken.

"It was the order of his Grace the Duke."