Chapter 34🔞

HAPPY READING

The time struck midnight. Unlike how he was usually, the Duke reeked with the strong smell of blood.

Due to the murderous atmosphere surrounding his master and the smell of blood, Jisung was frightened for a moment then he masked his expression.

"Milady is asleep and the young master had arrived. There's nothing else of particular importance that needs to be reported."

Jisung gave a brief report of what his master mostly wanted to know. Jungkook simply nodded at him, turned around and walked away. As Jisung watched the further moving back of his master, he once again ordered a maid to prepare a bath for his master.

After which he turned around quietly and quickly chased after the group of Knights that were leaving the castle.

"Sir Heba!"

One of the Knights stopped walking and waited until Jisung had reached him.

"What's wrong?"

Shownu wondered quizzically as he looked at Jisung who seemed somewhat serious.

"Did something happen? The Lord doesn't usually return covered in blood..."

"Ah, we met a group of thieves on our way back."

"Thieves in the vicinity? I don't think the security here is that lousy..."

"Tell me about it, I don't know where they came from but they were robbing nearby peddlers and the Lord discovered it."

"...I see. Did his Grace personally punish them? It seems they weren't usual robbers."

Instead of replying, Shownu gave a wry smile. They weren't professional robbers. It was unfortunate for those roaming beggars that were trying to steal and were caught.

Punishment? The Lord didn't ask of their crimes. He just blew their throats off on the spot. Thanks to that, the peddlers that were able to escape from their robbers were much more afraid than they were grateful.

Through they were robbers, among them were young men that had not yet reached maturity but the Duke didn't tolerate such charity. Rather than call it a punishment, it was more of a slaughter.

Shownu would think that he'd gotten used to it but every time he witnessed the cruelty of the Duke, he would recoil. Just like today.

"So, you're saying nothing else happened?"

"Yes. Pretty much."

Shownu shrugged. Apart from the death of a few thieves, there wasn't much else that needed to be mentioned.

"When he was subduing barbarians, did his mood seem foul or...?"

When they were subduing barbarians, the manner in which the Lord killed them off was extremely cruel. It was on an entirely different level from the way he killed enemies in the past war.

Only the seasoned knights that accompanied him to subdue barbarians were able to see this side of him. It was not a situation that could easily be described with 'he was in a bad mood' or what not.

Shownu was unable to put it in words so he just shook his head.

"I understand. It must have been a tiring journey. Please rest."

"I will. Farewell"

***
🔞

Jungkook spent a lot of time soaking in the bathtub as though to wash off the pungent smell of blood. However, the sickening bloody smell under his nose still didn't disappear.