Chapter 79

HAPPY READING

"Did you come alone? What of your husband?"

"His Majesty called for him so I came first. He said he'd come later."

"He's a busy person."

"Yes."

Jennie smiled and looked at Lisa who was answering amiably with a strange look in her eyes. Why's she like this? Jennie was confused.

Jennie was used to people who outwardly bowed their head while they were uncomfortable inside. If a cultured noblewoman was someone who spoke softly and in a roundabout way, then Jennie was not cultured in that sense. The noblewomen were often hurt by Jennie's blunt manner. However, there was no one that could say anything to Jennie. Even if she didn't fix it, it was not troubling enough to cause her problems. So Jennie didn't care whether others were uncomfortable or not. In any case, they were all the same in front of her, bowing their heads and smiling at everything.

'Her personality is quite mild. Very different from elder brother and I."

Jennie was very curious about the Duchess of Taran who was a Princess. She didn't purposely avoid the Duchess but there hadn't been a chance to meet her. The both of them had different range of activities. Jennie never went to tea parties.

'The flower of parties is the ballroom.'

A tea party where you sit quietly and drink tea in broad daylight did not suit Jennie at all. She thought that she would meet the Duchess yesterday and went with a prepared mind, only to hear that the ducal couple attended only the celebratory event and went back home. Today, she came with expectations that she would definitely meet the Duchess.

'I'll control the momentum.'

Jennie came with a determined mood. However, as soon as she saw the Duchess, her burning battle spirit faded away. It was not an opponent to fight. Her fighting spirit was gone.

"Let's talk a little more. Shall we go somewhere quiet?"

"Yes? Yes."

Jennie walked ahead and when she turned back slightly, she saw the Duchess quietly following her. Jennie turned her head forward again and smiled slightly. The two of them walked a little further away then they reached a hallway that was scarce with people.

'My shoes feel a little tight.'

Lisa frowned slightly. It wasn't obvious when she only took a few steps but now that she had walked a bit more, her foot felt uncomfortable.

"This is my break room. I'm the only one that uses it."

It was a privilege that only Princess Jennie enjoyed. The break room was comfortably furnished on a smaller scale compared to the shared break room. In the middle, there was a large sofa where one could lay down and even the legs could fit on it. But the two of them could not sit comfortably because their dresses might get ruined so they perched slightly on the small sofa.

"Do you drink?"

"I can't drink much."

"Alright. Non-alcoholic champagne it is."

Jennie ordered the handmaid that followed her inside. After a while, the handmaid brought glasses and champagne. Jennie sent the handmaid away with a hand gesture and the two of them were left alone.

"You stayed in the fief after getting married. Was there a lot to see in the north?"

"It can't compare to the capital. It was a nice and quiet place."