Chapter 18

HAPPY READING

For generations, Philip had been the Taran Family's doctor and was absent from Roam since Jungkook had left the estate for a long time. Nobody knew exactly where he went.

He'd said he would be travelling around for a bit and left but there had been no news for years. Philip had no friends or family so his absence didn't have much effect and no one was really curious about it. The Duke was very healthy and had never even been ill before. Also, for formality sake, as a noble, one did not receive regular check-ups from doctors.

Since Jungkook became the Duke, the doctor hadn't had anything to do. Apart from greeting Philip a few times, Jisung had not really had a conversation with him. He had heard Philip was the also primary doctor of the deceased Duke even so that doctor... he was definitely a family doctor but he was a bit unique in that he was also a Baron.

Jisung believed the man had a lot of guts because he'd served dukes for generation but apart from that, he didn't feel the need to pay attention the doctor's matters. However, the moment the name Philip left his mouth, his master's face which had been somewhat relaxed, froze. Seeing his master's red eyes gleam, Jisung felt suspicious. Wasn't Philip simply a family doctor?

For a short moment, he searched his memories thoroughly but there was no clue regarding Philip and his master's relationship. He then came to the realization that his master and Philip had actually treated each other like they were air and this would be the first time Philip had personally come to meet the Duke. On paper, he was the primary doctor but the duke being the duke, he had never needed to receive any treatment.

"Let him in. Do not let anyone onto the second floor until I say so."

His voice was cold and murderous intent lingered in the air. Feeling his master's anger, Jisung nervously followed the Duke's orders without question.

"Yes, Your Grace."

Jisung left and after a while, an old man with half whitish and grey hair walked in. The man walked quietly to the front of the desk where Jungkook was sitting then bent his waist to make polite bow.

For a second, Jungkook didn't say anything, just stared piercingly at the old man then he spoke in an even and unfeeling voice.

"It's been a while, old man."

Philip was not displeased with the title that showed no respect and gave a faint smile.

"Yes, long time no see. After all this time, you've become a grown man."

Despite being only a doctor, the man was confident and showed no servility to the noble personage in front of him. His voice was calm but inside deep emotion surfaced as he faced Jungkook.