Chapter 25

Late update but enjoy😬

HAPPY READING

As the words left the Duke's mouth and he looked at them, the people around quickly flooded out of the receiving room, leaving Jungkook and Lisa alone.

There was a brief silence between them as they sat side by side on the sofa. He suddenly realized that this was the first time they had ever been together at this time and in this way.

"Why did you lie?"

"...I did not lie."

"You are hiding the truth from the doctor, aren't you? Not saying it is the same thing as lying. Why are you trying so hard to lie when you can't lie properly?"

'How did he know?' It was as though he was reading her mind when he looked at her.

He wrapped one arm around Lisa's waist and pulled her into his arms then spoke like he could see inside of her.

"Your expression says 'how did he know?'. You can't lie, it's too obvious."

Lisa simply wanted to escape from this situation. She twisted her body as she pushed away from him and stood up from the sofa.

"...It's a busy time for you at work yet you were interrupted. I'm sorry to have bothered you."

He watched the standing Lisa silently for a moment as he remained on the sofa then spoke fiercely.

"Do you blame me for being here?"

"You don't need to be worried."

"What?"

"I won't get better anyways."

He caught her wrist, pulling strongly and Lisa couldn't help but fall into his arms.

She tried to struggle and get up but one of his hands held her arm in one place while the other hand held her chin, forcing their eyes to meet.

"What do you mean by that? Why should I be relieved if you won't get better?"

"Didn't I tell you from the start? That I cannot have children."

Watching her wavering amber eyes, his red eyes also wavered.

Lisa twisted her chin and shook off his hand. His hand which awkwardly hung in the air for a bit, fell down.

She also moved and pulled out her arm which was held in his. Jungkook felt bewildered in the face of her rejecting reactions.

"You weren't interested nor did you ask why." 

"..."

"Why are you suddenly curious?"

He had only asked if she could prove it.

After that, he never asked if she truly could not have a child or if somewhere in her body was ill. Lisa thought that he had completely forgotten about it.

That his interest in her was only to that extent.

Therefore, it was pitiful that as the days went on, she could only continue to hope that her heart that was running to him would harden.